Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too large for my own good

miguelpea

Sep 17, 2004
Near the park.
Greetings, good Albion buddies (and the rest of you).
Since I got a digital camera about a year ago I've taken some nice photos of the Blue Army on its travels. But..... When I try to upload 'em from my hard drive to auctiongripes.com to display on NSC I'm told that the 'file size is too large'

What can I do to make these photos displayable in small wholesome units that don't take forever to reveal themselves?

I am fairly technophobe so please explain gently.

Also,..... drinking beer at the away supporters 'bar' at cardiff was just about the most gloomy experience I've ever known.

Like a kind of farmyard animal sort of thing.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Any comments?

:bhasign: :falmer:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
miguelpea said:

Also,..... drinking beer at the away supporters 'bar' at cardiff was just about the most gloomy experience I've ever known.

It's a cattle shed.

Do you have any photo editing software? Paintshop or something similar (if not you can d/l free a programme called irfanview) using that you can resize/edit your photos.

miguelpea

Sep 17, 2004
Near the park.
Thanks yorkie I've tried your suggestion and it suggests I do exactly what I have BEEN doing.. But still file size too large.

Doh

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
miguelpea said:

You can't expect modern facilities at a decaying old shed like Ninian Park. Which is why we are getting ourselves a new ground (allegedly).

But the new, modern stadium with its new, modern facilities won't have any old terraces. And one thing plenty of visiting fans say they like about Ninian is its old terraces.

You can't have it all ways......

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
miguelpea said:
Thanks yorkie I've tried your suggestion and it suggests I do exactly what I have BEEN doing.. But still file size too large.

Doh

You need some photo editing software so you can change the image dimensions and change the quality (and therefore file size) of the jpegs. Photoshop is good but it costs unless you can "borrow" it from someone. Did you not get any photo editing software with the camera?

Last edited:

miguelpea

Sep 17, 2004
Near the park.
Re: Re: Too large for my own good

The Laughing Bluebird said:
You can't expect modern facilities at a decaying old shed like Ninian Park. Which is why we are getting ourselves a new ground (allegedly).

But the new, modern stadium with its new, modern facilities won't have any old terraces. And one thing plenty of visiting fans say they like about Ninian is its old terraces.

You can't have it all ways......

Yes that's true, it WAS good to stand on a terrace again but the bar was definitely like a urinal.

P.S as a cardiff fan I would imagine you would suggest that I can, and do, have it 'all ways' ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hot water at the tea bar at half time would have been nice :rolleyes:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yorkie said:
Hot water at the tea bar at half time would have been nice :rolleyes:

You sound like an old granny. :jester:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
miguelpea said:

Like a kind of farmyard animal sort of thing.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Any comments?

:bhasign: :falmer:

Served its purpose. Got us off the street and gave us beer. The lads behind the bar were quite a good laugh. Kept serving after half time. Drinking in a tin shed, what is wrong with that ? Some people just expect all mod cons, at least they serve beer, I wouldn't mind being served in a shed at Withdean. Come to think of it I wouldn't mind a shed on the South stand at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here