Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Hart RIP

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I hope he'll be buried in his trusty cravat.

I know someone who got an A in his GCSE Art exam by submitting a direct copy of an old Tony Hart favourite: the silhouetted city skyline drawn in black marker pen, reflected in the river below, with a glorious sunset background, created by smudging large quantities of chalk or pastel crayons all over the paper.

We were aghast at the blatant plagiarism: our Art teacher, none the wiser, was mightily impressed at both the technique and the artistry :lolol:

I remember drawing that as well :)

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
mourningmorph.jpg

RIP Tony. Myself and my Brother used to enjoy being front room art critics when the gallery bit was on

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
dear hartbeat i have send you my piture off a Sea gull for the Gallery please please put it on the tv thanks PS i love Mr bennett the caretaker he is very funny

gullyfr2.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
mourningmorph.jpg

RIP Tony. Myself and my Brother used to enjoy being front room art critics when the gallery bit was on

Me too, don't tell me, you played that game whereby you tried to guess the age of the contributor by judging the quality of the picture before the caption came up on screen?

Then when they published a rubbish bit of finger painting that looked like the work of a three year old but turned out to be done by Timmy, aged 13, from Southampton, you could hurl pitying abuse at the screen in the form of the preferred insults of the era (Joey, skill, spastic and other entirely inappropriate terms :lolol:).

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Me too, don't tell me, you played that game whereby you tried to guess the age of the contributor by judging the quality of the picture before the caption came up on screen?

Then when they published a rubbish bit of finger painting that looked like the work of a three year old but turned out to be done by Timmy, aged 13, from Southampton, you could hurl pitying abuse at the screen in the form of the preferred insults of the era (Joey, skill, spastic and other entirely inappropriate terms :lolol:).

yep - exactly.

We were very harsh critics yet neither of us ever dared enter the lions den and submit any of our 'masterpieces' to be judged in the same way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
yep - exactly.

We were very harsh critics yet neither of us ever dared enter the lions den and submit any of our 'masterpieces' to be judged in the same way.

No, me neither :angel:

On Sickipedia already:

-Artist and children's television presenter Tony Hart died today at the age of 83. Morph was said to be speechless

-I wonder if Tony Hart drew his last breath.

-I'll always remember Tony Hart. It was wonderful, looking back, watching my mother explain to me in subtle words why some men were delicate, spoke with a soft voice, were naturally artisitic, enjoyed creating little nude men and didn't have a girlfriend.

:whistle:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
no way!!! , it's a sort've split between him and Rolf Harris for who got me into drawing and just generally being creative :down:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Lucas/Walliams version of Tony Hart...

[yt]4B99rYI8b_w[/yt]

Jul 20, 2003
I DID submit a picture and not only did it make the gallery but T.H.gave it the rare distinction of interupting the soporific music and drawing the viewers attention to the lovely details and colour of the feathers on the helmet.

Andrew from Eastbourne aged 9, A pastel study of a Roman centurion on black cartidge paper. 1980

It was f***ing CLASS

As promised I did receive a prize, 3 Tony Hart branded poster paint pens

They were f***ing shit

I want my f***ing picture back, he doesn't need it anymore

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I DID submit a picture and not only did it make the gallery but T.H.gave it the rare distinction of interupting the soporific music and drawing the viewers attention to the lovely details and colour of the feathers on the helmet.

Was it a cock?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Andrew from Eastbourne aged 9, A pastel study of a Roman centurion on black cartidge paper. 1980

It was f***ing CLASS

Yeah, but at home, I bet there were thousands of kids watching the screen and thinking "9?? That looks like the work of an EIGHT year old"

:p

Jul 20, 2003
Yeah, but at home, I bet there were thousands of kids watching the screen and thinking "9?? That looks like the work of an EIGHT year old"

:p

watch it buster, a set of crappy poster paint pens counts as PAYMENT in my book.

This means I've already done as well as Van Gogh did and I'm not dead.

One more pay out and I'm twice as good as him.

I'm currently considering an installation art piece - I don't want to reveal too much in case Hirst or Emin nick my ideas but I will say that it will involve prit stick, glitter, dried macaronni and a pair of Val's old tights.

and I will get an adult to help me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here