Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tony Bloom's horses running thread

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Capture.JPG

Couldn't have backed it with Monopoly money.......

.....unless of course you knew.

hqdefault.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can hear the thunder of the hooves of the after timers rushing to post how much they won on it

I just put a £100 on it so didn't think it worthy of a mention.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can hear the thunder of the hooves of the after timers rushing to post how much they won on it

Think the definition of 'after timers' needs to be extended somewhat Enrest, to cover those posting about a TB winner AFTER the event which is the square root of fvck all use to anybody. Seem to recall you did one of those yourself fairly recently. At least the guy today had the good grace to apologise for the after timing, unlike some... :moo:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
View attachment 118696

Couldn't have backed it with Monopoly money.......

.....unless of course you knew.

View attachment 118697
Does anyone have a good guess about the sort of money Tony Bloom will have made today from a “12/1 shot” about which he obviously knew a lot more than the bookies...?

£5K, £10K, £50K, £100K...???

Presumably he can’t get massive bets laid but also, presumably, as a generally shrewd bloke, he tries to make his racing hobby pay for itself as far as he can...?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My guess is he's paid for Potters contract extension with a 12-1 Winner, he no doubt has the capability to lay bets all over the world with a multitude of bookmakers and online betting markets, so he's easily made £250 today.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Does anyone have a good guess about the sort of money Tony Bloom will have made today from a “12/1 shot” about which he obviously knew a lot more than the bookies...?

£5K, £10K, £50K, £100K...???

Presumably he can’t get massive bets laid but also, presumably, as a generally shrewd bloke, he tries to make his racing hobby pay for itself as far as he can...?

There are no restrictions on betting exchanges as far as I am aware, so I am sure he could place whatever bets he likes.

Playmaker

Mar 29, 2016
Mid Sussex
Tango Boy runs for TB tomorrow 5 minutes before K/O (12:25pm) at Catterick - Only had two runs to date (Won once) and definitely worth an odds check in the morning!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tango Boy runs for TB tomorrow 5 minutes before K/O (12:25pm) at Catterick - Only had two runs to date (Won once) and definitely worth an odds check in the morning!
Missed out on Kansas City Chief - fortunately only very small punt on Stratum - let's hope this one hasn't got a Christmas hangover!

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Old favourite Librisa Breeze running tomorrow in a class 2 handicap at Lingfield 1.10pm

Currently 9/1 and worth a check in the market tomorrow, as he was a class or two better than that in his prime (which admittedly was a while back now)....

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Energumene (never heard of him/her) going in the 4.00 at Thurles too. Short odds though.

Tiny flutter risked......................

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Energumene (never heard of him/her) going in the 4.00 at Thurles too. Short odds though.

Tiny flutter risked......................

Good spot... now 11/8 from 9/4
Librisa Breeze clipped into 8/1 too.....

Maybe this is the January double that Tony has planned to cover the cost of our new striker..
Roughly a 20/1 double, £1m down covers the cost of a new striker... easy that...:wink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both £2.50 E/W (to save accusation from you know who of after-timing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here