Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - 'The Roman Abramovich of League One'

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Better than Abramovich we get a new stadium out of it, Chelski have to play in the hole that is Stamford Bridge

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very interesting that Paul Hayward states........

The Falmer Stadium project was more perilously placed than many Brighton fans realised.

There is no doubt that without Tony Bloom we would have no stadium. No stadium, no long term future for our football club.

Thank you Tony Bloom.

As an aside, my Grandfather used to play Bridge with his Grandfather Harry - who was as most on here know a HUGE supporter of the club. This is not some multi millionaire come in who has never heard of the club - his Family have been involved with the Albion for a LONG, long time.

Yes, there will be questions to be answered, butIMO this is a FANTASTIC day for OUR club.

No Falmer - No Club
No Tony Bloom - No Falmer (certainly in the foreseeable future anyway)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm sure Bloom would be HORRIFIED at being described as "the Abramovich of League 1".
OK, his megabucks are funding our stadium, but I don't take that as meaning we have some kind of bottomless pit of transfer funds to buy our way out of this division. And I certainly hope the transfer fees we start to encounter this summer don't reflect a perception that we've just got money to piss away.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm sure Bloom would be HORRIFIED at being described as "the Abramovich of League 1".
OK, his megabucks are funding our stadium, but I don't take that as meaning we have some kind of bottomless pit of transfer funds to buy our way out of this division. And I certainly hope the transfer fees we start to encounter this summer don't reflect a perception that we've just got money to piss away.

It's been re-written and now mentions that he's the league one abramovic because it's a massive interest free loan, and that the majority of the money is going to finance the stadium. It's as if he read your post...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You are not the richest club in our division, look west my friends, we just dont boast about it......

Somehow I think the time when your mob were able to sort 35 players out - with a fat wedge of filthy lucre - have long-since gone. :bigwave:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
We are actually ridiculously wealthy with 2 of our directors in the top 50 list, however they are running the club on a proper business model and have said time and again they wont throw money at things, those days have gone. As i have said in another thread nice one on sorting out the funding for falmer, but i would proceed with caution, one mans whim and all that.

The one good thing is we now dont need to sell our best players off on the cheap anymore.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We are actually ridiculously wealthy with 2 of our directors in the top 50 list, however they are running the club on a proper business model and have said time and again they wont throw money at things, those days have gone. As i have said in another thread nice one on sorting out the funding for falmer, but i would proceed with caution, one mans whim and all that.

The one good thing is we now dont need to sell our best players off on the cheap anymore.

Fair play to you. Call me old-fashioned, but it takes a while for me to forgive those gloating tossers - purporting to be Swindon supporters - who came on here when we lost at home to you & 'gave it the big one'. Admittedly, you weren't one of 'em - but the behaviour of a few & all that.. :annoyed:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Fair play to you. Call me old-fashioned, but it takes a while for me to forgive those gloating tossers - purporting to be Swindon supporters - who came on here when we lost at home to you & 'gave it the big one'. Admittedly, you weren't one of 'em - but the behaviour of a few & all that.. :annoyed:

I Agree.
HANG THEM ALL!!:annoyed::annoyed:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
no i was one of them :)

but surely you can forgive me a little gloat having lived in sussex fo 14 years, thats 14 years of defeats to BHA (our bloody jinx team). thats 14 years of lost bets and permanent piss taking, it does strange things to a man.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
no i was one of them :)

but surely you can forgive me a little gloat having lived in sussex fo 14 years, thats 14 years of defeats to BHA (our bloody jinx team). thats 14 years of lost bets and permanent piss taking, it does strange things to a man.

There: tricked by my devious female cunning! I knew you were one of the friggin' ungracious bastards!!

Actually, I'm willing to do a deal. I'll give you your solitary moment of joy regarding your rare (& jammy) win against us - if we don't have a repeat performance for another 14 years. You can't say Pharaoh than that. :thumbsup:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
listen just get that bloody stadium built and watch the away followings quadruple in size, the atmosphere will be so much better for it.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
listen just get that bloody stadium built and watch the away followings quadruple in size, the atmosphere will be so much better for it.

Ok, ok, I'm on the case. I am gonna have to do an emergency shop though - just to get myself stylishly kitted-out for an hour's welding/weeding. Hey - nobody's gonna be able to say that I haven't made a significant contribution. Anybody know where I can get some Cackbadger Repellent? I've heard it's hell up there. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here