Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom in The Sun

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ante bid.

All the cards are still hidden. What is in the river ?

PS: I never thought the £55 million costs stacked up, now that it is £93 million ?

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good article, and not just because it's 'about Brighton'. Decent angle, and done his homework for someone who normally covers only Premier League (and normally exclusively top four of the PL).

Interesting point Pavilionaire makes. There was a lot of scorn heaped on those who dared to suggest Sussex was far too big (and too relatively wealthy) a place not to house some possible benefactor for the club with real money. I'm sure we're all glad the sceptics were wrong. Maybe even some of them are too.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Have to say that for the Sun that's quite a good read!

Bollocks it is! The whole lot is lifted from various interviews Bloom has given including his podcast with Insider. There is Nothing new in the article at all. If journalism means you can sit on your arse in your office and surf the Net all day and get paid a lot for so doing, then maybe I'm in the wrong job. :annoyed:

The only positive thing about it is that we actually have a half page in a national paper.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ian McGarry and Rob Beasley are both high profile football journalists, so the fact they've written serious articles about the Albion at a time when there is a GLUT of top flight stuff to write about is an indication that the Albion have not been forgotten, and maybe that Bloom's money could make us a serious player later on.

After all, League 1 club find new chairman to finance stadium at this time of year would normally be a story for an underling journalist, not the top football writer of both papers?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tony Bloom is saying what everybody wants to hear. Playing to the crowd. How much dosh has he really got?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it! :laugh:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I'm surprised many of you are pleased with this article. When I saw it yeaterday i thought 'Cheeky fucks have just lifted that from his other interviews', it wasn't a decent peice of journalism, just a lazy page filler more than a week late cos they needed to fill space due to the Chumps league final build up being a midlle of the paper pull out! If they'd done this last Weds i might have had some respect but the fact is they've probably been holding this story till such time that they have run out of stories about Joey Barton, Manure or Chelski

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ian McGarry is known as "Voices" on the Sun sports desk because of the people in his head that tell him to write things. This piece doesn't seem to have as much pure invention as some of his stories, such as the one claiming that John Terry told Chelsea's lawyer that Graham Poll used the F word to him. The brief in question has denied not only the details, but that any of the conversation took place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe, he is bluffing and hasn't got the clout/werewithal and just got good press connections ? An Alligator just snaps its claws is armour-plated. It seems more like a political appointment to me ???

Ante bid.

All the cards are still hidden. What is in the river ?

PS: I never thought the £55 million costs stacked up, now that it is £93 million ?

Tony Bloom is saying what everybody wants to hear. Playing to the crowd. How much dosh has he really got?

I get the distinct impression you WANT Falmer to fail, and would be delighted if Tony Bloom turned out to be a complete charlatan. Whats your agenda ?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That is what Poker is all about, kidding your opponent that your hand is better than it really is. You can even see the glint in the corner of his eye.

I learned this from Cassandra.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is what Poker is all about, kidding your opponent that your hand is better than it really is. You can even see the glint in the corner of his eye.

I learned this from Cassandra.

Are we Tony Blooms opponents now then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here