Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom Downunder

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not sure how big Seagulls Downunder is these days, in 1996 there were 34 members and all we got was the supporters club mag 2 months late!"!"

I was part of that I think.

Don't you mean we got our photocopied bundles of old argus match reports sent out to us 2 months after a game had happened?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bloom is a miracle of modern science. Is there anyone else on this planet who would take that 24hr plane ride, and all the associated jet lag/recovery time that comes with it on such a regular basis?! Utter, utter madness, especially with a family down under. If I owned a football club on the other side of the world I'd probably move there on a permanent basis, not commute! If he wants better weather he could always consider the Med.

Friday morning over the breakfast table in the Bloom household down under:
Mrs TB: You off out Tone?
TB Himself: Yeah just popping over to the UK to see a footy game and sort out some paperwork hotcakes. See you Sunday evening. Have a great day at school kids.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bloom is a miracle of modern science. Is there anyone else on this planet who would take that 24hr plane ride, and all the associated jet lag/recovery time that comes with it on such a regular basis?! Utter, utter madness, especially with a family down under. If I owned a football club on the other side of the world I'd probably move there on a permanent basis, not commute! If he wants better weather he could always consider the Med.

Friday morning over the breakfast table in the Bloom household down under:
Mrs TB: You off out Tone?
TB Himself: Yeah just popping over to the UK to see a footy game and sort out some paperwork hotcakes. See you Sunday evening. Have a great day at school kids.

I'm sure there are financial reasons as well as family reasons! I recall reading that TB has the games streamed to him if he is located in Australia, whether that is live or time delayed I have no idea.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Brighton & Hove Albion Australian Supporters Club

Not sure how big Seagulls Downunder is these days, in 1996 there were 34 members and all we got was the supporters club mag 2 months late!"!"

We now have 80 on the page and 10 who aren't so 90 members all living in OZ or NZ including the guy who used to send out those Argus copies and ex Albion player Paul Reid.
That's 90 in 7 months and to think some guy told me I was wasting my time you'll only get about 10 including your family.
For those of you that haven't yet added the Brighton & Hove Albion Australian Supporters Club to your facebook like pages please feel free to do so. On there are some great pics from the Ashes and coming up at the end of the month is the supporters club 5 a side.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What's the name of the chap who sent out the argus copies? I should remember his name as I received them for many years. Such a poor memory though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here