Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom at 61 in Football Rich List

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You have to remember when he put the money in! - Tying up £100m in a stadium at a time when the worlds financial establishments were going pop (and still may do) isn't such a silly idea.

We came pretty close to a few people losing ALL their money held in banks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that their estimate is very low based on the fact that he provided funds for the ground. Is he likely to have given 2/3rd of his total assets/wealth to it and has also committed another £15m for the new acadaemy so if true that would leave him relatively quite pushed for cash.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
442 says TB has only invested £80M , a slight under estimate with The Amex costing £105M and £15M bankrolling the club while we were at Withdean , plus the £15M set aside for the new training academy , somehow the figures don't add up. TB could be down to his last £50M but that maybe just instant funds not his total assets.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told that he was worth nearer £1bn but then again people tend to add a 0 each time the story is told. I would love to have 1% of his wealth in actual cash in my bank, as indeed would most people on here I would imagine..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dare I highlight:

32. Jeremy Hosking £193m
Crystal Palace (New entry)

A keen steam train enthusiast, Jeremy Hosking is one of the City's top hedge fund managers. His company, Marathon Asset Management produced a bumper £121.2m profit on nearly £155m turnover in the 15 months to March 2010. Established in 1986 by Neil Ostrer and Hoskings, a star fund manager, it has been consistently profitable through the economic crisis. It has also paid out over £300m to the members of its partnership in the last four years.
On its profit record, it should be worth at least £400m, which values Hosking's stake at perhaps £133m. We add around £60m for past salaries and dividends after tax and spending and stakes in quoted companies including model train maker Hornby and Penna Consulting, worth £7m. In August 2010, Hosking was part of a four-man consortium which bought Selhurst Park and Crystal Palace FC out of administration.

As part of a 4 man consortium can you see him writing out a cheque for £10M as his share towards their new stadium ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im sure i read somewhere estimated around £900M, CANNOT BACK THIS UP THOUGH, i just cant remember where i read it

as above, probably from here. noone really knows, though some like to hint they do, or where he's made the money. as the article puts it, he made a nice 50m from Premierbet and his known property asset company is worth another 5m. he clearly has/had twice this amount though. hasnt popped up on the Times radar, indicating it was done very quietly (for me rules out property). i wonder if we'll ever know so we speculate away.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
No. 7895641 - Dick Tight. Former Chairman of Brighton and known as the potless pillock amongst the loyal Albion fans for being a tinpot dictator. Rumoured the last time he opened his wallet was to buy half a mild to celebrate England winning the World Cup in 1966.

Happy fishing

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Its a shit list. Jeremy Hosking is worth more then that. Martin Long is worth £200million+ yet he dosn't make the list.

But at the end of the day its not how much they are worth its how much they are going to put into the club.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Its a shit list. Jeremy Hosking is worth more then that. Martin Long is worth £200million+ yet he dosn't make the list.

But at the end of the day its not how much they are worth its how much they are going to put into the club.

So his two main interests are steam engines and Palace. Crikey, he really does sound like fun - does he do after dinner speeches? Geek alert.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
All good businessmen give away 2/3rds of their money to their favourite football clubs rather than investing their money somewhere that can build their own business.

Oh wait, The £100m he has put aside for the Amex is only a pinch on his overall value. But most importantly he thinks BHAFC is more important than anything else he could gamble his money on...Thanks Tony

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
So his two main interests are steam engines and Palace. Crikey, he really does sound like fun - does he do after dinner speeches? Geek alert.

He is the silent one out of the 4. Never see him at matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here