Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Banks MP

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tony Banks

Near to death say reports after suffering a massive stroke on holiday in America.

( Sorry meant Peer, in the House of Lords now )

Will remember him for crossing his fingers behind his back when having to swear allegiance to the Queen.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Would have said that sounded terrible SDLP-ish, but he's actually from Northern Ireland and Labour, so it probably -is- an SDLP influence

Stroke is a horrible thing to happen to anyone but it is not a death sentance. It may have been a massive stroke, but having seen similar happen within my extended family, it doesn't mean the death of his political career let alone the death of himself.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
MYOB said:
Would have said that sounded terrible SDLP-ish, but he's actually from Northern Ireland and Labour, so it probably -is- an SDLP influence

Stroke is a horrible thing to happen to anyone but it is not a death sentance. It may have been a massive stroke, but having seen similar happen within my extended family, it doesn't mean the death of his political career let alone the death of himself.

Very much depends on the area of brain affected - a small bleed in the brain stem area will kill you, a massive bleed elsewhere is survivable but in almost all cases some loss of function (mental or physical) is likely to occur.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Top bloke hope he pulls through. He seems far too young and lively to be having a stroke.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sad news indeed. He always seems to talk sense when I hear him on the radio.

Get well soon Tony.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Sad news, always seemed an amiable chap and a passionate sports fan.

I am sure he will be sorely missed and my thoughts go out to his family

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here