Tony Adams would be a good appointment

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As rumours go I think only one about John Barnes would be worse

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Nice one Rodfox - any more bright ideas for propelling yourself into the limelight - your sugestion is riseable. Celtic recently had to distance itself from Adams's comments on Talk Sport claiming he was on their short list to be their next manager. The man's a complete joke who just got lucky characterising Harry's mannerisms on the Pompey bench. We have enuff idiots in the crowd at Brighton without adding another one in the dug-out.

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
Are you serious? i would hate it if Tony Adams came here, he is awful. Proven at the top level? He had 16 games in charge at Pompey and then sacked. Not only that but his record in league one is, one team (Wycombe), one relegation.

I can fully understand why you would want him..

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Why would we want to appoint a totally useless manager? I don't understand people putting forward names like Adams Southgate and Barnes. These people are losers and we need a winner.

How can anybody call Tony Adams a loser? As a player an immense leader
and winner. Might be a crap manager,but a loser-never.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If he was assistant or defence coach I would love it. But manager? No ta.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How can anybody call Tony Adams a loser? As a player an immense leader
and winner. Might be a crap manager,but a loser-never.

He wets the bed, beats the wife and talks just as if a particularly useless therapist has told him exactly what words to utter. :wozza:

What a WINNER.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
The guy was a childhood hero and a great player and leader but cant manage himself let alone a football club.

Geat bloke...great player...crap manager...

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3197675 said:
You can shove Tony Adams right up your shite-pipe

Is that even possible? I know Hancock did it in the film of the same name but I'm pretty sure there were special effects involved there and that in practice it's not possible to actually insert another entire person into someone's anal cavity. If it was does Tony Adams deserve that? I agree I wouldn't want him to manage the Albion but I've nothing against him personally and the trauma might even make him fall off the wagon.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Both Wycombe & Pompey leaked goals under him. Great defender, but I don't want him anywhere near our club

As manager yes.

If he was concentrating on defending and f*** me we seem to have a problem with basics at the moment...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any of you who think he would be great at sorting out our defence- clearly you've forgotten how bad he was at Wycombe, never mind Pompey.

I still remember beating Wycombe 4-0 at Withdean during his spell in charge and go this day I struggle to recall a manager who looked more clueless than he did that day. He had absolutely no idea what to do.

As a man-manager he seems able only to relate to his own experiences in life, and consequently is unable to build any kind of rapport with players, instead continuously spouting David Brent style shite from his life coaching handbook or Alcoholics Anonymous guide. If you want someone who can quote Who Moved My Cheese in his sleep, great, if you want someone who can coach a football team into a solid effective unit, sorry Tony but stick to your rehab clinic for wayward footballers.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
we all have our opinion of the dream team,now lets try the Knightmare team
Tony Adams,Manager
John Barnes.Coach
Denis Wise. Coach
Venables. Chief Scout & Treasurer.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Feel free to doh!/flame combo me, or whatever, but, I think what thread-starter fox was making a pun about was Adams gambling history.
Sorry to be a party poop....

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
well Barnes is supposed to be going to coach the Rwanda national side so thankfully he's out of the loop !
I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Adams as defensive coach but nothing further . . .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's a friend of Bloom, and has the experience of top flight football....
Watch this space.
Food & Beverage Manager-never be light on stock:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here