Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights the night the moon turns red *** official thread ***

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Can't see it anywhere else on here. Apparently there's a total lunar eclipse in about 45 minutes, although it's as cloudy as you like here in BN1, so not much chance of seeing it!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Lunar Eclipse

I don't know if you can see it "up north" and I suppose there is still daylight there, but the moon is currently orange and is about to be eclipsed. Looks fantastic.

Yes, I know worthless without pics.

Just thought I would share that with you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
cloudy in Crap Town so looks like no Blood Moon here.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We have about 95% cloud cover here at the moment, so unless there is a sudden change I don't think I will be seeing any of it...which is usually the same story when we have meteor showers!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
How long is the eclipse due to last?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I didn't miss your thread ... I merged it with this one. It was something to do, given that there's nothing visible behind the thick clouds here in BN8.

I see that - thanks very much. Orange is fading now and moon has almost disappeared.

Maybe they will have some decent pics on the news later? Sky here is totally clear and earlier the moon was incredibly bright.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
TLE%20HM%20almanac%20eclipse%20geeks.jpg

Pinched this from a website. The moon is currently this colour, only not as bright - you can hardly see it now. And there is only 1 of them! Best I can do I'm afraid. Am off to bed. Nighty night.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I managed to see it from here in Greece while watching Miss Marple, but it was behind cloud. Deffo red, though! (It's white again, now.)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It had to happen whilst the Apprentice was on didn't it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here