Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights Team and Trialists

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Does MM now only see OGH as a right back, because is that where he has played all pre-season hasn't he ?

Interesting that MM has gone 4-4-2 and CKR is on the bench

What is the scottish striker like anyone know

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bad news by the looks of it, our only hope of a decent left back seems to have gone...

:nono:

Last edited:

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Great news that Brittain is back and that Falkirk striker seems better than anyone we've had so far. I just hope Bakayoko hasnt left :nono: .

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Safeway said:
Well I just read the article twice and didn't spot any positives. Brittain looked ALRIGHT at Worthing, and other newbie has just been released by f***ing FALKIRK. :shootself

He looked better than what we have already on the right. At least we are looking at players, thats a positive is it not?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is anyone else 100% convinced Henderson will start as MM went out of his way to persuade DK to buy him, even though Kuips was known to be back fit

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The Club site says that McBreen was born in Burnley which is technically correct but a google on him shows he is actually born in Burnley (Australia) and his nationality is Australian and not as the website says scottish.

Apart form that they've got it spot on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to see how good Iwelumo is against us, for what it's worth I though he was a bit of a donkey but effective and probably better than anything we have got here....at the moment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
Is anyone else 100% convinced Henderson will start as MM went out of his way to persuade DK to buy him, even though Kuips was known to be back fit

With FDM's injury record not having a decent back up/alternative no 1 would make McGhee a clown :lol:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
garry nelsons left foot said:
Can someone cut and paste the story. i dont have seagullsworld...

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~871986,00.html

McGhee Gets Second Look
By Paul Camillin

Newcastle United winger Martin Brittain is back on trial with Albion and will play in tonight's penultimate first-team pre-season warm up with Colchester United at Layer Road (kick-off 7.45pm).

Since playing in Albion's first pre-season fixture at Worthing, Brittain had been on trial with Championship Hull City. However Tigers' boss Phil Parkinson - although impressed - opted not to sign the right winger, feeling he had adequate cover in that area of his team.

Hull's loss could prove Albion's gain, as Mark McGhee said, "I've spoken to Phil Parkinson about how they found Martin; everything was very positive about that. They have decided not to sign him for all sorts of reasons which are their business but which I know of and satisfy me."

Brittain will start on the right wing this evening, with Alex Frutos will operate on the left wing. Alex Revell has shaken off a minor knock to partner Jake Robinson in attack.

Adam Hinshelwood and Gary Hart also return from injury, but Kerry Mayo, Guy Butters, Joel Lynch and Doug Loft all remain sidelined and face a race against time to be fit for the start of the season.

Daniel McBreen
Daniel McBreen: on trial with Albion since Monday

Former Falkirk striker Daniel McBreen - released by the SPL side at the end of last season - is also part of the scaled-down Albion squad that travels to Essex.

The 29-year-old forward has been on trial with Albion since they returned from France at the weekend. The Burnley-born Scotsman scored 21 goals in 62 appearances during a two-year spell with the Bairns.

Meanwhile McGhee has told Wayne Henderson and Michel Kuipers he is yet to decide which goalkeeper will begin the season as his first-choice stopper.

Henderson took over the squad number one shirt prior to pre-season, but with Kuipers now very much back in the fold, McGhee admits the decision will not be easy. McGhee said, "It will be a tough one to make, there's no doubt about it.

"They both have different strengths, they have both worked very, very hard over the pre-season. They have worked well with each other as well as by themselves."

Albion: (4-4-2) Henderson, Hart, El-Abd, Hinshelwood, Rents; Brittain, Carpenter, Hammond, Frutos; Robinson, Revell. Subs: Kuipers (GK), Reid, Cox, Kazim-Richards, Elphick, McBreen.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dies Irae said:

No, it was a good bit of business as we could most likely sell him for well over 100k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here