Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tonight's ref in a time warp

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
not booking players for diving, trips, dissent, chucking the ball away. Quite refreshing and the match didn't suffer. Plus he looked like he had about 5 thick sweatshirts on!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Yep I thought he had a good game although let Morrell off endless dissent outbursts. The whole cup tie was nerve-wracking to watch on TV but at least not spoilt by a pointless sending off or daft decisions.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Agreed, he had a good game by not spoiling the game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
just before Morrell was taken off, i thought the ref was spot on by not booking him

I was thinking what an absolute arse Morrell was being, having seen him twice display a fit of pique at not getting decisions. He'd easily have been booked in a League game.

Then I saw his post match interview, in which he was asked how it felt at that moment, and he replied "Oh it's minging mate, it really is minging", which I thought was an excellent answer. He came across really well in his summary of the game and where it left Wrexham. He was also outstanding on the pitch, it felt as though they'd lost something the moment he went off.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There always used to be a few fat refs in football - who remembers Roger Kirkpatrick who looked like Mr Pickwick? There's been a dearth of fat refs recently so it's good to see one making a comeback and, yes, thought he did a pretty good job.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He was good, Wrexham were looking for a penalty quite a few times and other refs might have given in and given one of them but he was strong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here