Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's League 1 Fixtures - Tuesday 5th April 2011

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Don't be so f***ing ridiculous.

I literally cannot believe the negativity on here. We have taken 25 points out of a possible 27, there are just SEVEN games left and people are shitting themselves about a team that is 13 points behind us.

Unbelievable.

What hacks me off though is the way we're all counting our chickens. There's so much stuff about what we'll be like in the Championship next year, it's verging on the embarrassing. Even the Argus are joining in. I just hope the players aren't reading it, otherwise we could be stuffed. We still need to win a couple of games, and none of the remaining games look particularly easy (except the last one, and we don't want to wait until then to go up).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am pleased Rochdale and Orient are winning and closing in on the play off places and they are Saints next two away games

Both away as well. Saints are comparatively shit away from home. Would be surprised if they got maximum points from those two.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Good thing is that there are 3 teams playing for 2nd place. There will be some twists but if anyone should be worried it should be Huddersfield.

I was thinking the other day that after being top for so long it would be tragic if we were overtaken, but even if that happened (which it won't) can anyone see 2 teams overtaking us?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Come on Accrington you useless beggars, I need you to win for my fivefold.....:nono:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
only 10 behind if they win game in hand, not that close then

7 if they beat us at withdean, which would mean we only have to f*** up three games that they take maximums from

its hard to see us cocking it up yes, but there is still always a chance that the title will be going to st marys. that comeback win for them on saturday and what it will do for morale and the like could be MASSIVE

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What hacks me off though is the way we're all counting our chickens. There's so much stuff about what we'll be like in the Championship next year, it's verging on the embarrassing. Even the Argus are joining in. I just hope the players aren't reading it, otherwise we could be stuffed. We still need to win a couple of games, and none of the remaining games look particularly easy (except the last one, and we don't want to wait until then to go up).

this

and here i was thinking that it was sheffield wednesday and southampton who had the arrogant fans in this division

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
7 if they beat us at withdean, which would mean we only have to f*** up three games that they take maximums from

its hard to see us cocking it up yes, but there is still always a chance that the title will be going to st marys. that comeback win for them on saturday and what it will do for morale and the like could be MASSIVE

Thank you Scott. I agree - Of course I think we'll do it but it would be easier if SCC dropped points.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
we're DOOMED!

I don't understand the comedy sarcasm when people like Scotty Mac are making a perfectly good point. No one's saying we've lost our chance or it's looking tight, it's just sensible to say that with 7 games left we not guaranteed the title. Although I have to say the idea of Saints getting FOUR more wins than us in the last seven seems pretty unlikely.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I don't understand the comedy sarcasm when people like Scotty Mac are making a perfectly good point. No one's saying we've lost our chance or it's looking tight, it's just sensible to say that with 7 games left we not guaranteed the title. Although I have to say the idea of Saints getting FOUR more wins than us in the last seven seems pretty unlikely.

And when you see it written down you realise that it is highly unlikely to happen.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here