Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's Game - Sheffield United

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
LL - The beeb got working again for most of 2nd half, but cheers.

Sounds like we cranked it on but couldn't make it count.

Millwall got a late winner, and Norwich lost again..arf arf..

Leeds still losing as i write..

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
We got stuck in at least.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We certainly deserved a point and it sounded as if we settled down to play some good football again. :clap2: :clap2: I honestly think that we have the ability to meet any team in this league on an even basis.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Just back in. We played well today, and certainly gave Utd a run for their money. They should be very pleased to take all the points home with them, as had the Albion shot a bit straighter they might not have had any at all.

But tonight wasn't our night, we started slowly, went behind to an astonishingly quick reflex goal by Jagielka, and were endlessly hindered by a quite frankly useless ref (I still can't work out why he didn't book Kabba for diving, yet insisted on booking every Brighton player for fairly minor infringements).

We piled on the pressure in the second half, but the closest we actually got to scoring was when Paddy Kenny saved Richard Carpenter's thunderbolt of a free-kick with his arse.

In summary, great game, very enjoyable, a bit more shooting practice required.

Last edited:

In the second half, the Albion's pace was awesome. At no point did I think that old, depressing thought ... "If we carry on playing like this, we deserve to lose".

At the end of the day, Sheffield United are a good side. They won, because they had the better of us earlier on. But, even in defeat, this new Albion leaves me confident that what lies ahead will be (a) good to watch and (b) sufficiently fruitful to ensure that we have a reasonably comfortable last quarter of the season.

It's now time to venture the opinion that McGhee's signings have been just what we need.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Lord Bracknell said:
In the second half, the Albion's pace was awesome. At no point did I think that old, depressing thought ... "If we carry on playing like this, we deserve to lose".

At the end of the day, Sheffield United are a good side. They won, because they had the better of us earlier on. But, even in defeat, this new Albion leaves me confident that what lies ahead will be (a) good to watch and (b) sufficiently fruitful to ensure that we have a reasonably comfortable last quarter of the season.

It's now time to venture the opinion that McGhee's signings have been just what we need.

what he said

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Its nice to be positive about performances and come away from the games feeling that we are going in the right direction ...now we need to start getting the points ...the last two games earnt one point when it could have been six and its points not performance that will keep us out of the bottom three

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Auditor said:
Its nice to be positive about performances and come away from the games feeling that we are going in the right direction ...now we need to start getting the points ...the last two games earnt one point when it could have been six and its points not performance that will keep us out of the bottom three

As posted on another thread...

So far this season we have

Derby away - last year loss - turned into a point
Reading home - loss - loss
Crewe home loss - draw turned into a point
Hull away (no responding fixture but could swap with Sunderland) loss- loss
Preston away loss now -turned into a point
Plymouth home loss - turned into 3 points
Sheff Utd home draw - loss so lost a point

I make us 5 points up on last year's corresponding fixtures.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Thanks Statto. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here