Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights attendance

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Shows how far we have come when we are surprised only 18 and a bit thousand turn up to a mid week game, it's more than many established teams get on a Saturday.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
do we need 8k more seats though :shrug:

We might as well, there's at least five games we could get 25-30k crowds for in this division. We might not sell out very often but if our ultimate ambition is to play top flight football we'll need a 30k capacity to cater for the glory hunters and compete fianacially with the more mediocre premiership teams.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree, its too many at this stage. I think they should stick the tier on the East and hold back filling on the corners as 26,000 would be about right. Southampton got 23,000 on Tuesday and apparently it felt empty. Don't want that here!

I think the initial plan is to fill in the South East and West during the summer, and then see how things pan out next season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Considering how important this game was, it was a disappointing crowd and loads of no-shows. It's games like these that make me wonder if we will fill 30k.

Well we won't. Not every week. Were you seriously expecting that to be the case then? :ohmy:

I think it's hilarious that people are expressing concern that "only" 18,000+ turned up for an Albion game. We weren't getting crowds that big in the 2000s, the 1990s, and for at least half of the 1980s, when football was in the doldrums. I couldn't make last night as I was working a late shift and couldn't get the time off. A fair few people struggle with midweek games due to work (and the fact it's not a case of just jumping in the car from wherever and driving to the Amex).

Stop panicking, and just enjoy the ride.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
No-one needs to fill 30k every game to make it cost-effective. Having the capacity available is more important than filling it 100% of the time.

Selling out half a dozen times a season, for the big games, is enough. Because you will use at least some of that extra capacity nearly every game, and anything that isn't sold can be used for promotions to get new supporters in - and especially the next generation of supporters. And if you have a cup run you have the capacity ready there to take advantage.

It's a long-term payback, rather than instant returns.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not awful for a midweek game, there were a lot of empty seats in West Lower and the East though, the areas which are pay-by-match too.

Its strange, the lower west, north end, is the area which is for sale to non-sth. This must sell out as every game is a sell out, these fan you would expect at least 99% to turn up on the day, however there are alway gaps, sometimes 10-15 seats at a time.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I for one couldn't go last night due to work commitments (forgot it was Wednesday) so my Son and I couldn't go and as someone said even though my meeting finished at 19:00 I couldn't just hop down from Guildford to get there in time.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cardiff have brizzle sat,they chose not to come to us,dont blame them

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Average crowd just over 20k and with the remaining games almost certain to attract more than 20k we are on course for an average of 20k...my point isTWENTY THOUSAND FANS That is more than i thought we would have averaged!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here