Mar 15, 2011
:ohmy: :eek:

that is all

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Bear in mind they only brought 700-odd so it's about 18k home fans still, more or less the same as every week.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looked like we filled the section Cardiff sent back. Overall it looked quite full, I was expecting higher when the attendance was read out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
18,786 when the oppo bring a handful is NOT too shabby at all.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Considering how important this game was, it was a disappointing crowd and loads of no-shows. It's games like these that make me wonder if we will fill 30k.

Still at least 50% more than those plastic pikeys from shitehurst with their "true attendance figures :lol: :lol: :lol:"

Dec 29, 2011
The game was re-arranged. I know a lot of people who couldn't make it because they booked the wrong day off work. 18.7K very decent IMO with segregation and a half full away section.

I understand seats are lost to segregation (although the segregated area was far bigger than other times). I also understand that Cardiff were 500 or so from filling up their half of the south.

I also understand there will be about 10% of STH's being a no show.

What I don't understand is why last night there were large blocks of empty seats. This is not consistent with a a few random no shows. These must be whole blocks that are not sold to STH's and are not sold by the club. Why?

This game was sold out and these tickets would have sold.

A ticket exchange is the obv answer to absent STH's but it's not going to deal with these swathes of empty seats that are help back by the club for no good reason

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
do we need 8k more seats though :shrug:
I agree, its too many at this stage. I think they should stick the tier on the East and hold back filling on the corners as 26,000 would be about right. Southampton got 23,000 on Tuesday and apparently it felt empty. Don't want that here!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
We sold most if not all the extra seats in the south stand at short notice. Just because every single game isn't rammed doesn't mean we don't need the seats. We know mid week games or difficult for a lot of people and transport problems add to that.

Wait till Saturday

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Can't blame Cardiff for not selling all their allocation. Been an expensive time for them lately. I know some home fans struggle with midweek games because of work or taking young kids on a school night, add the fact it was rearranged, I think 18,000 Albion fans is not a bad effort.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Saturday has sold out home and away, so i think it will be a lot higher. Still need the extra 8,000 - remember that there are over 3,000 people on the ST waiting list.

No idea why the pay-per-match sections were half empty though, considering the game had "sold out" before they stuck the extra South Stand seats on sale, it looked like all seats down there went, which isnt bad for a few days notice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here