Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight proves what we all know ?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Another thing that tonight proves is that Setanta coverage is SHITE! The sooner somebody gets off their freakin fat arse & sorts it so that we can all watch it live - without paying a sodding fortune or going down the pub to see it - the better. f***ing Scandelous. :rant:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Quality players in they're day but all past they're best, any international manager worth they're weight in salt knows how to nullify them

Is that why Cappello has picked all of them, then?

Are you seriously saying that the German manager will be happy to see 40-goal Munich hat-trick hero Michael Owen coming on at 1-1 with 15 minutes to go? Or the French manager? Or that the Argentinian manager will be rubbing his hands as Beckham pulls off his tracksuit.

Yep, you're probably right - they'd much prefer to see Jenas and Defoe...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Is that why Cappello has picked all of them, then?

Are you seriously saying that the German manager will be happy to see 40-goal Munich hat-trick hero Michael Owen coming on at 1-1 with 15 minutes to go? Or the French manager? Or that the Argentinian manager will be rubbing his hands as Beckham pulls off his tracksuit.

Yep, you're probably right - they'd much prefer to see Jenas and Defoe...

Jenas proved his worth tonight in coming on as a sub & setting up a goal so thats good enough for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair, it is quite easy to argue Walcott did NOTHING against a pathetic Andorra side, and SWP has been pretty much USELESS in his entire England career.

You cannot draw ANY worthwhile conclusions from the Andorra game, because its not a proper game of football. When you have one side just pulling all 11 back to defend the penalty area for 90 minutes, NOBODY is going to come out looking much cop (which is why I have always been a strong advocate of these muppet nations having a playoff amongst themselves before being allowed to pointlessly clog up qualifying groups).

At least judge Walcott in a PROPER game, which tonight was. And I wouldn't be so swift to discard SWP either. These guys are the future of the team - they WILL do the business if they are given their chance, without the shadow of the tattoo'd one hanging over them.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You cannot draw ANY worthwhile conclusions from the Andorra game, because its not a proper game of football. When you have one side just pulling all 11 back to defend the penalty area for 90 minutes, NOBODY is going to come out looking much cop (which is why I have always been a strong advocate of these muppet nations having a playoff amongst themselves before being allowed to pointlessly clog up qualifying groups).

At least judge Walcott in a PROPER game, which tonight was. And I wouldn't be so swift to discard SWP either. These guys are the future of the team - they WILL do the business if they are given their chance, without the shadow of the tattoo'd one hanging over them.

I think you are right not to laud Walcott as the great saviour and the final answer to right midfield.

Last night was 'one of those games'. He did brilliantly for his goals, although I am dubious as to whether the first was a shot or a cross, but take the goals away and how much did he do? In another match he might not get those goalscoring chances and, to fulfill his potential, he has to create them for others. Last night others created for him, but it has to work the other way round too. If he can do the business in future matches we do have a fantastic prospect. If not, then Bentley and SWP are there in the wings.

That all sounds very churlish but we can't fall into the trap of saying that everything's perfect now. It's not.

Personally I thought that Lampard wasn't as wonderful as some are saying - he had some good moments but plenty of poor ones, Joe Cole did nothing wrong but hardly got into the game and Rooney was ineffective in the first half, but excellent in the second.

Last night was great viewing but there are still shortcomings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here