Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight I shall mainly be seeing this woman LIVE in concert

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Quality. Yes she has lost a bit of vocals but at SIXTY SEVEN you can FORGIVE it. A true LEGEND tho her voice did warm up towards the end.

Not every day you can say you have seen a true GREAT live, and what a f***ing name check as well.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was certainly a different crowd down the concorde. Older and a bit wiser but we were there to see musical history and she didn't disappoint.

It started off poorly. The sound was too too quiet and nowhere to run was kind of warbled. You know that kind of woo woo yeah yeah that r'n'b singers do because they can't hold the top notes? Well. that's how Martha started. But she did warm up and the voice just got beter and better. She missed a few tricks in my book. She did a song that could easily have segwayed into Misty Blue and later another to Midnight train to Georgia but I'm nitpicking. Jimmy Mack was exquisite. Jimmy Cliff's many rivers to cross went down very well as did her tribute to Marvin Gaye.

Dancing in the streets saw her and her sisters really show us that she has absolutely nothing to prove. She is the genuine article. She's up there with Rose Royce, Aretha, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick, Whitney, Carole King, you name her and Marths is her equal. This woman is just a joy and just oozed charisma.

And Brighton played its part too. The Concorde was heaving. We bopped and sang. We made a lot of noise. Tonight, I saw a musical legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here