Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomorrow's team news.. should Reid start?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Brighton boss Mark McGhee is able to name an unchanged line-up, with no new injury worries or suspensions.
But midfielder Paul Reid is pushing for a starting place after scoring twice for the reserves in midweek.

Peterborough welcome back veteran defender Andy Legg after a two-match ban, but he is not assured of a start.

Sagi Burton and Curtis Woodhouse are definitely ruled out, so Simon Rea and Steve Thomson should figure again while Richard Logan will also feature.

Reid should start I say in place of Hart.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yes he bloody should start!!! Be nice to have a bit of creativity in midfield and it looks like he knows where the net is too, sorry Charlie.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Re: Re: Tomorrow's team news.. should Reid start?

Uncle Buck said:
If he starts in place of anyone, then surely it has to be for Oatway.

I wouldn't argue with that but I actually think Oatway 's been ok this season unlike Hart who's been poor. But yes, if it was for Oatway, that's be ok with me.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I think we have had 2 pretty poor performances on the trot and although none of the players have been terrible, none of them have been any good so I think he should start with Reid.
Our problem against Rushden was our inability to break down a team. Therefore, you need to create a bit more in the next game. You do this by have a more creative player! I dont care whether it is Oatway or Hart that gives way but 1 of them should. Doubt it would be Charlie as he does win the ball and McGhee may feel we are up against it without him in there.

I can Reid getting a good 30 minutes tho.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
we've been crying out 4 some creativity in midfield 4 so long!!

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
MY TEAM FOR SAT WOULD BE

ROBERTS
VIRGO
CULLIP
BUTTERS
HARDING
JONES
CARPENTER
REID
HART
KNIGHT
IWELUMO

SUBS: FDM,EL-AB,OATWAY,MAYO,MCPHEE

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
............ROBERTS

VIRGO CULLIP BUTTERS MAYO

REID CARPENTER JONES

...........HART

IWELUMO KNIGHT

SUBS
KUIPERS
HARDING
EL-ABD
PIERCY
McPHEE

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
After the poor performance over Easter McGhee ought to make changes.

Reid in for Oatway could be one.
Mayo back in replace of Harding could be another.
Peircy in for Hart maybe.

My prediction therefore is an unchanged team :dunce:

Uncle Buck said:
I fail to see how anyone can justify starting with Oatway if there is another option. You cannot fault his commitment, but he is short of the ability needed at this level, that is why last time round Junior Lewis was brought in. Too much of the game passes Charlie by and at times it seems that Chippy is doing the work of 2 central midfielders.

That's a bit too sweeping I think. Charlie is not a creative midfielder but the game does not pass him by when he gets stuck into the opposition and breaks down their attacks.

McGhee seems to feel that Posh will come at us more the Rushden did. If that's the case, it might be unwise to disrupt the defensive shape of the team by dropping Charlie.

It appears Reid's best chance was last Monday against a team that left us to do the running. That's why I'd be in favour of starting with Charlie but switching to Reid if there are signs that Posh are holding back.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd like to see Piercy replace Hart on the wing and Reid replace Oatway. The team is crying out for a touch of creativity and Messrs Piercy and Reid can provide what we need....but they'll need more than 5 mins at the end of the game.

:rolleyes:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Reid in for Charlie... the latter had a very poor game Mon IMHO...

PS. Can't believe anyone can suggest dropping Harding for Mayo... Harding has hardly put a foot wrong... this cannot be said of Mayo this season...

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i cannot believe everybody is jumping on the reid bandwagon. he has not even played a game this season. not exactly match fit. needs more appearances from the bench. then see how good he is. does anybody know if he is any good? we have not seen him play yet. he might even be shite. he deserves a chance. not a start yet though. points are important to get into playoff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here