Painter/Vincelot

Bridcutt
Dicker
Harley/Vicente

Noone/LuaLua
Barnes/Hoskins
Mackail-Smith

Brezovan, Painter/Vincelot, Harley/Vicente, Noone/LuaLua, Barnes/Hoskins

Assuming what has been said about Hoskins on twitter is true, though seems a bit odd that he wasn't on the bench yesterday. Pretty straightforward if a bit harsh on Cook and Navarro, that's the reality of the five subs though. Would be very tricky if Buckley hadn't got injured too.

Our squad is incredible.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Vicente will most likely start on the bench. Gus said as much in the interview on the bbc that he does not want to rush him. As he is will be a important player for us.

Ankergren
Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Painter
Lualua
Bridcutt
Harley
Dicker
Barnes
Cms

Brezovan
Vicente
Noone
Sparrow
Hoskins

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Gus said all along he would rotate in these three games, but Ankergren, Calderon, Greer, Bridcutt & CMS are automatic picks. You assume Painter will come back in at LB - if not he'd make bench and Vincelot LB. Dunk, Vincelot & Cook going for one starting CB spot and one on the bench - Cook as the least senior would probably miss out, despite a very promising performance. As midfield seems the place we have an embarassment of riches, then one winger in the front 3 from Vicente (not fit yet), Noone and LuaLua. Noone is in excellent form but probably running on empty so I reckon Kaz will get the nod and Nooney will drop to the bench. That leaves Harley, Dicker, Navarro & Sparrow fighting for the two centre mid spots. On a rotation basis as Navarro & Sparrow played against Liverpool I'd guess he'll revert back to Dicker/Harley. Then I'd expect Hoskins to make the bench and have a half hour as he is still coming back from injury, so Barnes & CMS up top. So.........

-----------Ankergren-----------
Calderon Greer Dunk Painter
-------------Bridcutt-------------
----------Harley Dicker----------
Barnes Mackail-Smith LuaLua

Subs: Brezovan, Vincelot, Vicente, Noone, Hoskins.

We have such a strong squad now, its a great problem to have. I love that We could potentially pick 2 XIs at the moment. Harsh on Sparrow & Cook who played well against Liverpool. The only possible change to this would be Navarro on the bench for more defensive solidarity in midfield, but who would you drop? As Dicker or Vincelot can also play the holding role I'd be surprised if Navs made it into the 16 ahead of any I've put above, unless Vicente/Hoskins aren't fit enough.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here