Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomorrows Ref is from the West Midlands - Surely thats not right

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
The thought of a repeat of the Burnley home match last season might be at the back of my mind. Still can't forget that game completely ruined.

Strangely that ref (Craig Pawson) is reffing Burnley tomorrow.
Not sure why the thought of it should be a problem though - Pawson is from Yorkshire, more likely to be biased against a Lancs team for those that believe refs are not impartial.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am I the only one who couldn't give a sh.. ?

Nope, me neither. We're not all twelve years old, chaps, let's not look for excuses before we even start, FFS. How many people on this board live in Crawley, or Southampton, or Portsmouth or Croydon, or Manchester etc etc. It means absolutely BUGGER ALL.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Prosser wasn't a Yorkshireman, he happened to live in West Yorkshire for his RAF job, Sheffield United are from South Yorkshire, hardly his local side.

Prosser was shit in tha game, nothing to do with him favouring his local side, just a toatally shite performance from a ref.

That's not true. In the past Prosser accused us of Racism and then the FA made him ref us again to see how it was back down here.

Hence the two penalties and his later suspension.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
That's not true. In the past Prosser accused us of Racism and then the FA made him ref us again to see how it was back down here.

Hence the two penalties and his later suspension.

Prosser claimed racism after the Sheffield United game. He said we'd also racially abused Peter N'dlovu, which the player immediately said was untrue and he'd heard no racist abuse.

Ref reports Brighton fans | Sheffield United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The thought of a repeat of the Burnley home match last season might be at the back of my mind. Still can't forget that game completely ruined.
Nightmare though it seemed at the time it did have a certain dark entertaining quality to it. Plenty of righteous indignation, an atmosphere that only several outrageous decsions against the home side can conjure up and the exciting spectacle of seeing our 9 men putting their 11 men (or was it 12?) on the rack for the 2nd half and so nearly snatching a point. In a strange way I enjoyed it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
(I reserve the right to come back and edit this post on Saturday evening when he's given Brum a dodgy pen and sent off three Albion players for no reason...)
I heard on the radio that the ref was booed off, so I'm waiting for you to tell us why :)

By the way, don't the good people of Leith deny it is part of Edinburgh despite being within walking distance of the city centre and hosting
is

Last edited:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Lee Mason was given the Man U -QPR game last season. He gave United a very very dubious penalty and a straight red to Shaun Derry - whilst I'm biased, both were crap decisions.

Lee Mason is from Bolton, is apparently a Bolton fan, his brother used to play for them and we were in a relegation scrap with them. Not only do things have to be fair, they have to be seen to be fair. He should never have been given that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here