Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser, take a bow son...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
All the plaudits go to Tommy Fraser today.

He is the ONLY person to hit a direct freekick within a METRE of the goal-frame, since Matt Richards.

My one, and ONLY highlight of the match.

:clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
He was shit as usual and he gave up in the second half - FACT. When you haven't got any talent and your only attribute is trying hard, giving up is unforgivable. This is exactly the sort of player that the mugs in the crowd accept purely because he's one of our youngsters, but in football terms he's a joke.

Absolutely agree. Tommy Fraser is not up to this standard never will be!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Typical today on the phone in, someone was saying he's not good enough and that Norman geeza said I can't really say anything against him because he knows his father.
Just a joke how he is in that squad not through merit.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He was shit as usual and he gave up in the second half - FACT. When you haven't got any talent and your only attribute is trying hard, giving up is unforgivable. This is exactly the sort of player that the mugs in the crowd accept purely because he's one of our youngsters, but in football terms he's a joke.

I be surprised by your comments if you actually do go to the matches, How is he a joke? what do you mean by is only accepted by the crowd as he was a youth team product? - what utter rubbish, he is a good young player, he is still learning the game, but has improved tremendouly in a short space of time, and worthy of a place in the first team.

You sound like another of these moaners attached to the club at the moment who will moan no matter what happens, and i for one am gettiong sick of all the negativity from some of our supporters, how does moaning help, how does moaning change the result? how is there any benefit to it, instead all it does is to affect players confidence, and ultimately effect results in a bad way for this club, as we are seeing now.

Try actually supporting your team for once, rather than just moaning for the sake of it, as fans we should be uniting behind the players, especially as Adams has gone and the team need all the help we can give them to get them out of this mess. Turning up and moaning all game is not support.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
This is complete rubbish- Fraser like many tries his best- problem is that there is no consistency of selection, not helped by injuries

Fact is the side has nose dived since the Board made the fatal decision to get Adams back

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Hold on, I've just wasted an entire afternoon watching Fraser and his chums lead us to a catastrophic and humiliating defeat without so much as raising my voice, and you're asking me to support the team. Are you for real?

The problem, however much you deny it, IS that these players are seen as "one of our own" after coming through our youth team. Look at the insults and criticism that Hawkins gets, or McLeod, or Murray. That's seen as acceptable. But try and criticise Fraser or Cox or Elphick and you'll be shouted down and abused. What's the difference?

Why is Fraser being singled out here, he has been playing well for us and doesn't look out of place in this side or this division.

Why do our fans need a figure of hate?
why, if a player makes a single mistake do they get crucified for it for weeks to come?
Is some the criticism towards any of our players justified, for have the fans just gotten so used to having a hate figure, (LDC, FPC etc) or the need to campaign for something (New stadium, new manager etc) that they have forgotten how to just watch a football match anymore?

chalkmycue

Feb 17, 2009
The post was about Tommy Fraser and opinions have been given, its not a witch hunt if the post was about any other player people would have there say i dont think anyone is blaming fraser for our current form there are a number of players who have been very poor to but the post is on FRASER

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Yes, I didn't say anything about his overall performance though.
I was just talking about free kicks really, with my tongue planted firmly in cheek.
As for Fraser, I don't think he was as bad today as some people are making out. Jarrett hardly set the world alight today either did he? What about Birchall? He was SHOCKINGLY bad today!

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Fraser is a good footballer, but there is nothing about his game that makes him a real asset nor someone where you think wow!

Bowden91

Aug 21, 2008
Hold on, I've just wasted an entire afternoon watching Fraser and his chums lead us to a catastrophic and humiliating defeat without so much as raising my voice, and you're asking me to support the team. Are you for real?

The problem, however much you deny it, IS that these players are seen as "one of our own" after coming through our youth team. Look at the insults and criticism that Hawkins gets, or McLeod, or Murray. That's seen as acceptable. But try and criticise Fraser or Cox or Elphick and you'll be shouted down and abused. What's the difference?

Cox dosent get moaned at? He gets moaned at all the time and deserved for the crosses he puts in, why Mcleod wasnt taking corners i will never know. He cant run or do anything in open play so surely he should be doing what he is best at.

chalkmycue

Feb 17, 2009
I wouldnt say El-Abd is out of his depth better in defense than midfield for sure although he wouldnt be my first pick from a full fit squad he was made captain today i was expecting Elphick to be captain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here