Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
to be fair i agree with sum of that Elphick is ok at best at this level cleansheets against tranmere and brentford aren't going to sway my opinion as he hardly anything to do that game spinless teams if we want out of this league we need better

What about his performances against Leeds, Charlton and Colchester? He is the best centre back we have at the moment and is still very young.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
What about his performances against Leeds, Charlton and Colchester? He is the best centre back we have at the moment and is still very young.

2 or 3 perfomances don't make him a world beater (not saying you said his a world beater) but we just need rio ferdinard/agger type defenders who'll bring the ball down and distribute it to the midfield and with dicker in the team this would work very well. He most likely is the best centreback we have but look at our defensive record it tells you everything

Feb 14, 2010

its a game of opinios but think why we in england are breeding centre backs like Elphick. You must agree that he has poor control, and is slow. The sad thing is that in England it doesnt make you a bad player!

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
poyet has got elphick back towards the player we all thought he could be when he first go into the first team. everyone has bad games every so often, and he might not be great on the ball, but he's a solid defender (especially recently). a bad game doesn't suddnely make you a bad player

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
2 or 3 perfomances don't make him a world beater (not saying you said his a world beater) but we just need rio ferdinard/agger type defenders who'll bring the ball down and distribute it to the midfield and with dicker in the team this would work very well. He most likely is the best centreback we have but look at our defensive record it tells you everything

I'd fit Lewington of Mk dons and that Tranmere centre-back into that bill.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I've missed the last few games as I'm working abroad, but I had the impression before I went away that not only was Elphick back to his best in terms of his defensive qualities, but that he was also passing the ball much better - I even recall some Koemanesque diagonal balls out to the wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here