Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If he's rubbish the how come GP picks him ? Of course we all know there are more knowledgeable people on NSC than our manager aren't there ?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yeah but Crofts is rubbish and Poyet still picks him.

Dont know why Blooms stuck with him to be honest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
haha

Can we make this the Tommy appreciation thread - not an attention seeking BOUNCE of an old one

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Yeah but Crofts is rubbish and Poyet still picks him.

Dont know why Blooms stuck with him to be honest.

:ohmy:Crofts has been one of our best players of the season!

Feb 14, 2010
If he's rubbish the how come GP picks him ? Of course we all know there are more knowledgeable people on NSC than our manager aren't there ?

He is not rubbish but he is an average third division english centre back. Like Whing was an average third division full back. Poor control and passing ability that would make Graham Taylor proud. To change a squad is about priority. Two full backs were a priority as they helped keep the ball. Poyet could not change the entire defence at one stroke. Close season he might do, but it depends on who is available. Elphick is equally good or equally bad depending on how you look at it as most other third division defenders

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry WCP that's not true at all IMO.

Tommy has got back to his best and is a lot more that average - Did u not watch the Col U game or any of our last 10 bar today when he's got MOM about 3 or 4 times?!

Feb 14, 2010
Sorry WCP that's not true at all IMO.

Tommy has got back to his best and is a lot more that average - Did u not watch the Col U game or any of our last 10 bar today when he's got MOM about 3 or 4 times?!

its a gm of opinions but IMO players like Elphick and going all the way to the top of the English game, John Terry are the reason why english football is praying the Rooney stays fit because the rest of themm cant control the football and when they play teams like Brazil or Barca then they get taught a lesson. IMO we breed the wrong type of footballer. Elphick like John Terry is slow and has a very very poor touch, but he makes a living out of football, just like the rest of the rubbish centre backs we breed in England

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
its a gm of opinions but IMO players like Elphick and going all the way to the top of the English game, John Terry are the reason why english football is praying the Rooney stays fit because the rest of themm cant control the football and when they play teams like Brazil or Barca then they get taught a lesson. IMO we breed the wrong type of footballer. Elphick like John Terry is slow and has a very very poor touch, but he makes a living out of football, just like the rest of the rubbish centre backs we breed in England

A couple of months ago you may have had a point but I am not sure that you have seen a game since then to still be saying this. Tommy Elphick has been fantastic recently and while his distribution is not perfect he has been carrying the ball out of defence and passing a lot better. Poyet and Taricco have improved him beyond recognition in recent months and while you use him as an example of what is wrong with the English game it is interesting that under a foreign manager he has been almost ever present.

Feb 14, 2010
A couple of months ago you may have had a point but I am not sure that you have seen a game since then to still be saying this. Tommy Elphick has been fantastic recently and while his distribution is not perfect he has been carrying the ball out of defence and passing a lot better. Poyet and Taricco have improved him beyond recognition in recent months and while you use him as an example of what is wrong with the English game it is interesting that under a foreign manager he has been almost ever present.

mate, he is no worse than most 3rd division english centre backs. Poyet could not change the entre back line and full backs were a bigger priority because they pass, move and help keep the ball, unless you have english style hoofers that Adams brought in. Of course he has improvd with a manager telling him the importance of passing it but that is not the point. John Terry is equally bad but at a higher level. Why do we have players in England that cannot control a football with ease? Its because we have coaches that really shouldnt be allowed near coachng. Kids also should have to play 5 a sid ntil they are 14 o stop coachs "picking the big lad up front"

Feb 2, 2009
Gosh u r so knowledgble..WCP for manager..this man knows his onions..he mus b installed immediately...perhaps as coach to some under five team first ..to nuture the players of the future...o and give him a lolipop as well..he can fit in some zebra crossing patrols in between times

Feb 14, 2010
Gosh u r so knowledgble..WCP for manager..this man knows his onions..he mus b installed immediately...perhaps as coach to some under five team first ..to nuture the players of the future...o and give him a lolipop as well..he can fit in some zebra crossing patrols in between times

yawn, what are you a member of the "carry on hoofing" so we dont win another wold cup for god knows how many years?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
mate, he is no worse than most 3rd division english centre backs. Poyet could not change the entre back line and full backs were a bigger priority because they pass, move and help keep the ball, unless you have english style hoofers that Adams brought in. Of course he has improvd with a manager telling him the importance of passing it but that is not the point. John Terry is equally bad but at a higher level. Why do we have players in England that cannot control a football with ease? Its because we have coaches that really shouldnt be allowed near coachng. Kids also should have to play 5 a sid ntil they are 14 o stop coachs "picking the big lad up front"

I think I will see what Poyet does and trust his opinion over yours thanks. I think it is very likely that Elphick will be in our first choice centre back partnership next season but if he isn't that is great as Poyet will have found someone who is hopefully better. In the meantime, I maintain it is ridiculous to slag a player off after one mistake when he has played really well recently.

Feb 14, 2010
I think I will see what Poyet does and trust his opinion over yours thanks. I think it is very likely that Elphick will be in our first choice centre back partnership next season but if he isn't that is great as Poyet will have found someone who is hopefully better. In the meantime, I maintain it is ridiculous to slag a player off after one mistake when he has played really well recently.

Im not slagging him off. He is just as good or bad as most english style 3rd div centre backs and maybe here next season unless we can find better. As for the Terry comment, he is slow, and has poor control. Would not get near Brazil, Spain and wouldnt make the Barca youth team! We need to breed a centre back that is comfortable on the ball, and that aint Terry, or at our level, Elphick

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009

to be fair i agree with sum of that Elphick is ok at best at this level cleansheets against tranmere and brentford aren't going to sway my opinion as he hardly anything to do that game spinless teams if we want out of this league we need better

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Are we talking about the two footed, two time (soon to be three) Premier League champion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here