Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy elphick

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Completely agree and have you noticed how he's got very Guy Butters like in his headers.

Doesn't leap aimlessly but waits for the opponent to make their move then uses his body to get best advantage without having to jump too far. And as for his distribution - a completely different player than from the beginning of the season.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Amazing what a good manager and some confidence can do for a player!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why is this ? Poyet clearly a factor but does he feel better with Big Brez behind him ?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Why is this ? Poyet clearly a factor but does he feel better with Big Brez behind him ?

Have to agree with that also. It was noticeable last night how commanding Big Brez was and certainly our shoring up of the leaky goals has been down to him.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Have to agree with that also. It was noticeable last night how commanding Big Brez was and certainly our shoring up of the leaky goals has been down to him.

The radio commentary made out at least one of the goals was 'keeper error, were they being harsh, or was it just a case of a bit of bad luck? One of these things that happens?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I dont recall it being goalie error, if it was it bypassed me, much like the ball bypassed Hammond (****) for the first goal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
First goal was a very good Paul Watson-style free kick - a real pig to defend against. Second one was a tap in after the ball bypassed the defence from the by-line. I don't blame Brez for either.

But as for Tommy - and Adam El-Abd, it's like we've signed a couple of new players.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He played well, but I did get irrate with him when their attacker run from the centre circle to about 8 yards out and just kept backing off and backing off until the striker got a shot in which just went wide.

Also that was terrific ball control with his hand in the penalty box down by the family stand

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He played well, but I did get irrate with him when their attacker run from the centre circle to about 8 yards out and just kept backing off and backing off until the striker got a shot in which just went wide.

Yeah me too, but Lambert I think it was had peeled off to Elphick's right and if hed stuck a leg in, the lad would have slipped it through. Still, should have scored from there.

Apr 2, 2010
Leamington Spa
Elphick makes El-Abd look good. Elphick is dominant in the air and when the ball is at his feet, his distribution is top-drawer; However, when you look at El-Abd, he rarely wins headers, and his distribution is awful. I don't see what Poyet sees in him.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Elphick makes El-Abd look good. Elphick is dominant in the air and when the ball is at his feet, his distribution is top-drawer; However, when you look at El-Abd, he rarely wins headers, and his distribution is awful. I don't see what Poyet sees in him.
:facepalm:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Tommy and Adam have been brilliant.

Yesterday however, Brezovan really stood out. I was constantly keeping my eye on the corner count (due to my large bet) and Brezovan's handling was SUPERB.

So many times when I expected him to parry the ball away for a corner, he manage to simply catch it.

Brilliant, he's starting to win me over:clap2:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The secret to his recent success is that Poyet stuck by him during a sticky period and has been looking to establish a centre half partnership rather than chopping and changing. Navarro is now there to take the ball off him and El Abd and he has a better keeper and full backs around him.

He's clearly a good player, otherwise Adams, Wilkins and Slade wouldn't have had him as their first choice centre half. It's just a shame that so many of our fans decided to turn against him a few months back. Glad he's proving them wrong now.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

I completely agree. Tommy has really shown his form over the last few months and has convinced me that he capable of being a member of a championship winning side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here