Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick out for season (merged)

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
I spoke to Tommy this morning and he said could be anything between 3-6months. Hes obviously gutted so unlucky last game of the season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I friend of mine snapped hers playing tennis and was out for over a year, even with the advanced care a footballer gets he might not be fit to play until the back end of next season if this is correct

I snapped mine playing cricket ....6 months in plaster 4 months physio. horrible injury that after 20 odd years still gives me gyp

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Agree was going to be an important off season as for me he'd be better off going somewhere else to start than sat perhaps behind another CB on our bench. Good player and Brighton lad, done nothing wrong but just L1 decent CB for me and not where we're going sorry lad

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Good luck to Tommy in his recovery.

But at least Boothroyd, Gradel, Ambrose, Bellamy, & Co won't be able to terrorise him.

If he wasn't already, will force Gus to buy a quality centre-half.

Dunk looks very promising for the future.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
With achilles tendon depends on the level of tear and treatment plan. If surgical intervention, 9 weeks in plaster approx plus 3 months rehab. If 'natural' repair (let the ends grow back together), 4 - 6 months. All depends on the nature of injury of course, personally would go for surgery.

That fits with a tear I had, had 12 weeks of physio, took about 4 months to properly heal (no pun intended:) ) I guess it depends on the severity of the tear and like you say, if surgery is involved. Lets just wait and see what the official results are.

Aren't achilles injuries usually the result of insufficient warming up?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just said on radio Sussex that he's having surgery today and is expected to be out for 6 months minimum

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That fits with a tear I had, had 12 weeks of physio, took about 4 months to properly heal (no pun intended:) ) I guess it depends on the severity of the tear and like you say, if surgery is involved. Lets just wait and see what the official results are.

Aren't achilles injuries usually the result of insufficient warming up?

They can be, but can also be as a result of something else. Given the injury was approx 60 mins, I reckon he should have been ok. Just unfortunate....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my mate did his, pushing his caravan! another one playing badminton.

They do say that the chances of doing the other one is raised too, but I suppose I was just lucky.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was out for nearly a year with a ruptured achilles tendon but that was forty plus years ago so I'm guessing medical advances mean he will be back in time to go out on a short term loan and catch up on fitness and form ready for an assessment prior to the january transfer window

Got to feel for the lad after finally getting a chance to put a run together after what must have been his worst season but I'm afraid that from what I've seen and heard he and Greer just don't gel as a pairing. Maybe that can change. We'll see.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Back for November according to his post on Twitter this afternoon

"Another gym sesh done not long now hopefully playing in 7 weeks! On my way to the amaex to see how many liverpool tickets I can buy haha!"

I still think he is then more likely to be going out on loan to get some match time

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Fcuk me....he needs to go to spelling lessons, not out on loan!
Slightly worrying he cannot even spell the name of his employers home ground...!!

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
funny???? tommys posted on twitter that he has just got back from the gym...and does not think it will be that long!!! he's off to amex to see how many liverpool tickes he can get!!!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
just spoken to his mum's best friend, he has just come back from Sweden, and is doing well. He has been in sweden for treatment, and has responded well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its a shame but we have a strong team now...I wonder how long before El-Abd is back?

Spoke to adam yesterday at the esparto/virgin club yesterday...he thinks two weeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If this is the case 6-8 mounts, then sadly I think we have seen Tommy in an Albion shirt for the last time.

Rule 3:-
Always check the date of the original post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here