Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick out for season (merged)

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
according to liz costa on our coach today tommy elphick could be out for 8 months with a nasty injury not sure what the problem is?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I heard it was a snapped achilles rather than torn.

I friend of mine snapped hers playing tennis and was out for over a year, even with the advanced care a footballer gets he might not be fit to play until the back end of next season if this is correct

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oatway said in the services that Tommy will see a doctor tomorrow to find out whats wrong.

So based on that no way do they know the exact injury or length of time out yet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oatway said in the services that Tommy will see a doctor tomorrow to find out whats wrong.

So based on that no way do they know the exact injury or length of time out yet.

Liz Costa is a trained medical profession, she can also carry out a highly detailed scan just with her eyes, don't diss the Liz.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With achilles tendon depends on the level of tear and treatment plan. If surgical intervention, 9 weeks in plaster approx plus 3 months rehab. If 'natural' repair (let the ends grow back together), 4 - 6 months. All depends on the nature of injury of course, personally would go for surgery.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is a massive blow for Tommy. Even with him fit, I expected Gus to go out and add a Championship-experience centre half. Now, he might have to bring in a couple. The next 8 months could see Dunk progress as well ..... 8 months time, Tommy could come back, looking at being battling with Dunk for FIFTH or SIXTH choice. I felt this was a big off season for Tommy, needing to elevate himself in the same way as El-Abd did about a year ago. Nightmare.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I spoke to Tommy today and it is definitely his achilles tendon. He's having his operation tomorrow and will be out for at least 6 months.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Well, when he was on the bus, I shouted up at him 'How's your leg, Tom?' and he did that 'see-saw' of the hand like the monster in the 'Chewits' ad - pretty definitive, I'd say? [0:13]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here