Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick - Is it just me?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Maybe i've got the ole rose tinted glasses on a bit because i love having a Brighton through and through player that shows his commitment to the cause amongst our ranks, but i don't understand all this fuss ???

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
We need a new back 4 they are all just not good enough, I would keep Tunnicliffe and Elphick as competion but theywill never get this team promoted.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Personally disagree Lynch and Elphick were superb towards the end of that season once Lynch had come in for Butters. Elphick has gone backwards fast since Adams came back but has looked to becoming the old player on a few occasions just needs to do it consistently.

Couldn't agree more. Not saying that having an experienced Butters figure wouldn't help but it's a myth that Elphick needs an experienced defender next to him to play well.

Seems to have suffered from being a one season wonder. I think he could still be a decent defender but I don't really rate him as consistent enough to hold a place in a side where we want to be. It's a shame - I would love to see him flourish but being ruthless the defence is where we need to strengthen and the buck falls to Elphick more than some others. All very well doing last ditch headers and getting stuck in but if the goals keep coming in from silly errors across the defence changes are needed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe i've got the ole rose tinted glasses on a bit because i love having a Brighton through and through player that shows his commitment to the cause amongst our ranks, but i don't understand all this fuss ???

What's any of that got to do with him not playing well enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here