Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommorrow and Coppell

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
If Coppell leads the team out at withdean on saturday I personally will give him a standing ovation regardless if i think he's going to reading or not. Go back a year and we were 100% f@cked, looking to be relagated by xmas and I couldn't see where the next point (let alone a win) was coming from. This man gave our club some pride back and has done a fine job. Cheering him might not convince him to stay but he deserves it after the job he's done here.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
mmm...not sure about giving us our pride back. We may have lost 12 on the spin but how much success do you need to have some pride. i.e 2 championships in 2 years!!!!???

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
And since he's been here all thats happened really is we've been relegated.

granted we did it in style towards the end and this seaosn we have looked good but at the end of the day we have acheived nothing but relegation under coppell. I have no doubt if he stays we'll be promoted this seaosn adn then he has acheived sometrhing but not at the moment he hasn't

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Most definitely gave us some pride back, at least we entered the last third season with a slim chance of staying up and that was thanks to Coppells management :clap:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Well I felt humilated by the team's performances and our results up until his appointment. If anything two years of success made the losing streak (with pretty much the same players) even more f***ing depressing and demoralising for the players.

If you had offered any Albion fan the chance of taking it to the last game of the season or looking like we'd bounce straight back they'd have snapped your arm off. Job well done as far as I'm concerned.

I'm with tinx - it meant nothing that we ended the season 'with pride' because the result was ultimately the same. Ok, so we entertained the troops more than under MH, but we went down anyway and that's going to be the stat. Pride is nice, but it's like saying "we gave Falmer a shot so we should be happy" - it won't do in the grand scheme of things to have empty hands but passionate emotions.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm sorry but I can't agree. If he's about to walk out on us, then he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Withdean tomorrow, let alone be allowed pick a team, let alone expect me to expend energy by standing up or even clapping in order to thank him for doing his job.

Personally, I take a bit hope from the fact that he'll be involved tomorrow - maybe it's a sign that things are far from done and dusted between him and the Soggy Biscuitmen. Probably not.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
True if he is going to take the Reading job he shouldnt be at the Withdean tomorrow, but theres a slight something about him not taking the job which makes me think he may be staying, therefore a standing ovation and plenty of chants can do any harm

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Coppell confirms he has taken the Reading job today I want him nowhere near the dug out tomorrow and I would urge him to strongly reconsider.

He does not want to be at our club anymore so I don't want him there.

He will be asking for trouble and I cannot see any positive outcome to it.

Go and see some Estate Agents in Reading Saturday afternoon Steve.
:angry:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Football Genius aka FG said:
lol i shall jeer along with the masses that are not hypocrites and hate he ******

Well, that's made my mind up. Will definitely be cheering..

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have nothing against Coppell, all anger should be directed towards Falmer nimbys and Reading Football Club.

Jul 22, 2003
I will be extremely surprised if Coppell does not take the Reading job and, that being the case, he must have made his mind up already, which begs the question; Why is he in charge for tomorrows game?

Does he think he's doing us a favour? Not wanting to leave us high and dry? Please, do me a favour. I for one, will not fall for that old chestnut and I certainly will not be cheering him to the dugout under some mis-guided thought that it will make him change his mind.

There's no loyalty in football. Whether it's players, managers or coaching staff, if a better offer comes in - they're off (with the possible exception in our case of The Ginger Prince and OGH).

The only ones who are loyal to the club are the supporters and, again in our case, the board.

Coppell, if you want to go, clear off now so we can draw a line under the situation we find ourselves in again and move on.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Does leave one with a nagging doubt in the back of your mind regarding morals etc. Loyalty is mostly a thing of the past, but I for one apreciate a bit of honesty. Take a bow Alan Curbishly.
SC comes across as being big on honesty, expects it from his players. Simple yes or no Steve, you want to see the job through that you signed up for, or you don't.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You're down on your luck and have had a bad run with women, you go to a club and see a cheeky bit of skirt who chats you up, you go back to hers, she gives you a blowjob and makes you feel good for a night.

Confidence now boosted, you decide to pursue that presentable, high class bit of totty you've had your eye on in HR for the past year.

The Albion are that cheeky bit of skirt. Yes, you sure have your moments but are ultimately let down in the end.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If he accepts the Reading job, or makes up his mind to do so, he will not be there tomorrow, simple as. If he is there, he hasn't decided, so will be worth every last cheer you guys can throw at him. If he decides to stay with us over Reading, thats a mighty big endorsement of our club at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here