Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tom'll Fix It

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What do you mean? African or European?

If I may interject . . . African double overhead manifold sprockets are usually imperial, whereaas most European variants are metric

If you insert a metric shaft into an imperial female sprocket apperture, it sometimes works, although failure can occur, particularly with the North African hybrid shafts. I have seen some serious car crashes on such occasion.

If you insert an Imperial male shaft into a metric or Antipidean hybrid sprocket there is usually some serious galling and chafing, often a screching sound can be heard whilst the mate is made. this sometimes goes away, but more often than not reappears with some equally dire consequences.

Its always best to double check with callibrated thread gauges before engaging in a good screw.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
But it’s Australian and it’s still upside down, I just don’t know what to do about it.

If its threads are diamterically opposed then invert it. otherwise **** it. But make sure its fully concentric . . . an ecentric shafting is not good news, it can tear flanges and gussets clean off.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Uncle Tom,

I think my dog's broken. It keeps crapping on the carpet, right next to the little pile of newspaper I lay on the floor each night. Should I give up and throw it away?

Yours,
Dispairing of Devon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Tom,

I think my dog's broken. It keeps crapping on the carpet, right next to the little pile of newspaper I lay on the floor each night. Should I give up and throw it away?

Yours,
Dispairing of Devon.

Yes, yes you should. Laminate flooring would be far easier to clean.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.

Charging for a free service?

Having trouble with your central heating? Boiler packed up? Electrical appliance not applying itself?

Post your technical mechanical queries here, for prompt invaluable advice
:thumbsup:

You will not be charged for this service.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to find some kind of ombudsman who will help me to sue you and take you for everything you've got.

And I will do it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have a clearly soothed mole that has taken up residence in my rarely-used kettle. I am wasting gas by boiling each cuppa's worth in a small pan, so my question to you is how do i dispose of this merry, blind, drownable wee mammal? And should i track down its to carry out similar actions?

Is that a gangsters mole like that in the George Raft movies. If so how in heavens name did you get her into an old kettle.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dear Tom,

I'm in a bit of a legal wrangle at the moment with an immoral service provider. Could you point me in the direction of a free and impartial ombudsman?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If I may interject . . . African double overhead manifold sprockets are usually imperial, whereaas most European variants are metric

If you insert a metric shaft into an imperial female sprocket apperture, it sometimes works, although failure can occur, particularly with the North African hybrid shafts. I have seen some serious car crashes on such occasion.

If you insert an Imperial male shaft into a metric or Antipidean hybrid sprocket there is usually some serious galling and chafing, often a screching sound can be heard whilst the mate is made. this sometimes goes away, but more often than not reappears with some equally dire consequences.

Its always best to double check with callibrated thread gauges before engaging in a good screw.

You think Tom didnt know that already? Useful for the rest of us though. Good thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here