Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Watts on Fighting Talk yesterday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Recons Hereford v Brighton was the most horrible experience he has had at football.

On 5 Live Fighting Talk he said that he was covering the match for a radio station and when he arrived at 2 hour before kickoff all he could hear was smashing glass and see groups of people fighting.

As the final whistle went the cavalry of police horses and police ruing to the mddle of the pitch when the final whistle went "even as the players were still on the pich"

I remember it as being pretty ugly but not as bad as all that!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was in a pub by the M&S in the town shopping area and the bastards wre throwing bottles and glasses around!!!!!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was on a coach from myold local in Coldean.

I think a few may have embraced some locals....and shook them firmly by the throat!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I didnt see any trouble outside. We parked fairly near the ground and walked in. Making sure NOT to talk to each other as we had tickets for the home end, by god that game was tough to watch without celebrating when we scored the equaliser.

I nearly started to waver at the end when Ormerod saved that one on one right at the end!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair to Tom Watt, what he said about the atmosphere inside the ground was that it was horrible because of the occasion.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A few Brighton fans left at the final whistle and got a rather lively reception outside.

I heard Tom Watts comments and thought he was well over the top, although I might have been too immersed in the situation to notice.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I nearly started to waver at the end when Ormerod saved that one on one right at the end!

It's amazing to think that a player as crap as Mark Ormerod had our whole future in his hands. Thank f*** the striker decided to pass into those hands. Mind you, Rienelt was no great shakes was he!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From my experiences there was a lot more trouble at the Cup game the following season. Inevitable really I suppose - quite a few reception committees awaiting the those stupid enough to go back.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we stay down and Hereford gp up, I can see it kicking off BIG TIME down here and up there...there are certainly some scores to be settled.

On frequent away trips this year, whenver we have some accross Hereford fams its been a bit fietsy and the banter is certainly not of the friendly variety

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
From my experiences there was a lot more trouble at the Cup game the following season. Inevitable really I suppose - quite a few reception committees awaiting the those stupid enough to go back.

I was really STUPID and went back to support BHA in the cup match at Hereford. I didn't witness anything beyond a bit of abuse from various cowherdsmen. Strewth it was a tea party compared to away games at Cardiff, Millwall, West Ham etc in the 70s. The needle was summed up by an anonymous Albion fan whose response to some bucolic abuse was, "Enjoy your game against Dover, mate!"

Stumpy Tim

I went to the Cup game and it was fine. I didn't feel threatened at all to be honest.

I recently had a presentation at a major bank here in Oz, and the main guy turned out to be a Hereford fan and was at the league fixture. He didn't give me any business

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here