Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark style goal celebration songs at Falmer? You decide

Tom Hark style goal music at Falmer? You decide!

• Yes of course, we can all join in, but we’d have to find something other than Tom Hark

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • No, spontaneous celebration killed stone dead

Votes: 87 91.6%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think I might actually stop going if they played that shit. We get depressingly few opportunities to celebrate goals as it is, without spoiling the few we have.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i reckon they might do it.

they have bought in cheer leaders, 3 effing mascots, a shit new badge, changed the kit.

what makes you think they'll listen to nsc, and what makes you think that all our muggy fans won't dance along like those doughnuts at middlesborough doing pig bag.

at st. pauli they play Blur, Song 2. it kind of works.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I think it's funny when the home team score a late consolation in a 1-4 defeat for instance and the tannoy still put on the music....with barely any cheering from the crowd along with it!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
i reckon they might do it.

they have bought in cheer leaders, 3 effing mascots, a shit new badge, changed the kit.

what makes you think they'll listen to nsc, and what makes you think that all our muggy fans won't dance along like those doughnuts at middlesborough doing pig bag.

at st. pauli they play Blur, Song 2. it kind of works.

Pedantic note: Gully's girls aren't cheerleaders, but i know what you mean, it wouldnt surprise me if they did.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I hope they don't try it. Its one of those horrible corporate premiershit incentives, for a 'truly footballing experience', for the 'prawns'.

Remember when Bamber dropped GOSBTS? The alternative (some Yank shite), was booed.It lasted one match.

I hope we would give this a similar reception.

Having said that, what is REALLY enjoyable, is scoring at an away game,and singing THEIR poxy music.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I hope they don't try it. Its one of those horrible corporate premiershit incentives, for a 'truly footballing experience', for the 'prawns'.

Remember when Bamber dropped GOSBTS? The alternative (some Yank shite), was booed.It lasted one match.

I hope we would give this a similar reception.

Having said that, what is REALLY enjoyable, is scoring at an away game,and singing THEIR poxy music.

It was the theme tune from Rocky 'Gonna fly now' and far better than Attilla and his pals blowing their plastic trumpets :angry::angry::angry:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!

Have you guessed my opinion on this subject..?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
More to the point... how did all those real fans of clubs like Sheffield United, Ipswich Town and Reading EVER allow the appalling humiliation of having that totally cringeworthy dirge 'Tom Hark' [Arrgghh!!] excreted into their disbelieving brains?

What happened? Were frontal lobotomies included with their season tickets? Worse, do any of them actually LIKE it? Maybe we shall never know...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Absolutely no f***ing way what so ever.

Even if they started thinking about it, I would hope NSC would organise a letter writing campaign in the style of the Falmer campaigning.

Don't even think about it, not now, not then, not ever.

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Can't believe any self respecting supporters could put up with it.

I'll never forget being 6-0 up away at Chester when they scored in the 89th minute and proceeded to play "Song 2". So embarassing for their fans and so bleeding funny for us, especially when we went straight up the other end and made it 7-1!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We do currently have goal music at Withdean - has no-one noticed?

At the moment, goal 'celebrations' at Withdean consist of the crowd temporarily stopping its eternal moaning, for which we then get a partial rendition of John Cage's 4'33".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would any of the 6 people who voted yes like to explain their choice?

I can't imagine they'll be busy doing anything else, recovering from a lobotomy as they obviously are.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I remember when we played Coventry at the Ricoh and before the game some bloke with a mic walked out onto the pitch trying to get the crowd in the mood with' can we have a cheer from the north stand etc'

I was cringing in my seat so can we add that to the ban as well?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That would be truely awful. Add to that deafening music before the team come out, which completely kills any atmosphere.

It would be quite good to have GOSBTS before the players run out rather than as they run out, so long as the fans know the full words and sing it loudly - like they do at Anfield with you'll never walk alone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would be quite good to have GOSBTS before the players run out rather than as they run out

I've always thought that. It completely drowns out the cheering and applause for the players as they come on.

Oh, and a 'No' Vote for Tom Hark-style goal celebrations at Falmer. Obviously.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another resounding no vote here.

I believe they now have it at Crawley and the debate on their forum included this little gem:

Like it or not the goal music is the only time there is any atmosphere in the ground.
:nono:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Another resounding no vote here.

I believe they now have it at Crawley and the debate on their forum included this little gem:

:nono:

somewhere like Darlington it can improe the atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here