Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Brighton

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Beach Hut said:
That will cover the Gold Fish rental then, oh hang on the money came from Leeds :dunce:

so it was us that rented them the goldfish... ???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The article was refering to the deal happening at the end of the season, when his contract expires with Clyde, which means he will be free does it not?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Superphil said:
The article was refering to the deal happening at the end of the season, when his contract expires with Clyde, which means he will be free does it not?

I think you would have to pay compensation do to his age. But since he was not with Clyde as a youth player the amount would be small as they have not developed the player. I think he was with Rangers as a kid.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
and why would he come here?

very strange one this: the pikeys have him on a trial and so nein danke. he goes to play for some mickey mouse scottish club has one good game (apparently) and we offer £100k which is rejected. so a few months later we get him for nothing?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Having said that Clyde fans rave about him, claim he is worth 350k +

I assume the reason we offered big money for him is that in the summer when he can look about we don't expect to get him.

Unless of course we got to speak to him in jan and he is keen to come and play for us ?

Pikey

On 31 May 2005 his contract with Rangers wasn’t renewed and in mid July it was revealed that Tom had spent a week with Gillingham, including an appearance for the Gills in a friendly against Notts County

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Pikey said:
On 31 May 2005 his contract with Rangers wasn’t renewed and in mid July it was revealed that Tom had spent a week with Gillingham, including an appearance for the Gills in a friendly against Notts County
so who cares

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
hans kraay fan club said:
It was said by insider. He should know.

Indeed, Insider did say it was £180k. It was also the club site (or McGhee-can't remember which) who said it was a "six figure" fee. So officially it was at least £100 k, and insider rumours say it was £180k.

Don't forget the money we got for Leon, and his loss of wages, which I seem to remember McGhee saying would be spent on player(s).

Re: Re: Tom Brighton

Tom Hark said:
End of the season? Just won't do :nono:

Brace yourself for a shock Tom.

I can reveal we're all going to be back here in August for a new season, watching the Albion and arguing about the same old things :)

Your signature will probably read something like "Tom Brighton - he's right on :thumbsup: "

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Re: Re: Re: Tom Brighton

London Irish said:
Brace yourself for a shock Tom.

I can reveal we're all going to be back here in August for a new season, watching the Albion and arguing about the same old things :)

Your signature will probably read something like "Tom Brighton - he's right on :thumbsup: "
just we will be playing in a brand new league! it's called league 1

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that we would have offered £180k and even more so that Clyde turned down that amount especially when you consider MM believes he will go for about £10k in the summer.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Pikey said:
If hes not good enough for us whys he going to be good enough for you???

We could say the same about Ian Wright who we rejected. So many players go from zero's to heroes when they are young. The likes of David Platt got released from Manure when he was a kid. Peter Crouch was released by Spurs and I am sure there are thousands of others so yet again pikey, one of your arguments has about as much credibility as your mum trying to charge anyone for f***ing her.

Last edited:

Pikey

B.M.F said:
We could say the same about Ian Wright who we rejected. So many players go from zero's to heroes when they are young. The likes of David Platt got released from Manure when he was a kid. Peter Crouch was released by Spurs and I am sure there are thousands of others so yet again pikey, one of your arguments has about as much credibility as your mum trying to charge anyone for f***ing her.

Bit harsh aint it.....I was just stating some facts.:angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Pikey said:
Bit harsh aint it.....I was just stating some facts.:angry:

so was I :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here