Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Ref!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
After giving Mr Deadman a coating after Wednesday nights game against Charlton,i thought Mr Linington the ref today had a good game.He officiated the game fairly.respectfully and used common sense when needed.He was prepared to go unnoticed which is a rare commodity amongst the modern day referee.Well done,watch and learn Deadman,Bennett,Williamson,D`urso,Atkinson etc

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can always tell a good ref as you never notice them which happened today.

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
Had a very good game indeed, but not a hard one to officiate. Liked his comment to Tano when labouring to pick up the ball...'you're not that old'.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agreed, particularly liked the fact that he didn't book Murray (?) for a bit of a lunge, as he'd seen him try to withdraw from the challenge.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was a very easy game to referee, but he deserves credit for his performance today. The linesman in front of the North Stand was a bit eager with the flag perhaps, but in general, they've not impacted on the game today. I thought the ref had a 5 minute spell in the first half where he broke up the play a couple of times when it could have flowed, but that was it. Well played, whoever you were.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good call. Got everything right in my opinion. Had good interaction with the players, arguably the best we have had this season.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He mad e acouple of mistakes but lets face it who doesn't? none were catostrophic, and let teh game flow. A bit lenient maybe?

i thought it was a well officiated game over all.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I like refs who don't hand out cards left right and centre and let the game flow

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You can always tell a good ref as you never notice them which happened today.

Agreed. Barely noticed the ref at all today, and let the game flow as much as possible.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He had a good game today but Mr Deadman didnt do too much wrong against Charlton. We deserved to have a player sent off and a penalty conceeded.

No doubt if we dont win on Monday the ref will have had a poor game!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
He had a good game today but Mr Deadman didnt do too much wrong against Charlton. We deserved to have a player sent off and a penalty conceeded.

No doubt if we dont win on Monday the ref will have had a poor game!

I agree with penalty decision but what about all the other marginals he gave to Charlton and the tackle around Murrays neck second half which would have been deemed illegal in bloody rugby.Deadman was a poor ref regardless of the first 9 minutes!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He had a good game today but Mr Deadman didnt do too much wrong against Charlton.!
Your next joke he did 2 things right the red card and the penalty other than that he got everything wrong and was awful.

Todays ref allowed the game to flow and was quick to stop any possible trouble when players clashed, thought that he was very good. The lino near the North Stand missed the offside when Wood scored as he was about 3 yds offside but the lino wasnt up with play as we broke too quickly for him.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A red card which it turns out, was a red card and a nailed on penalty!

I thought the Murray lunge could easily have been a red card today.

God I hope you are not a ref. Murray slipped, he acknowledged it the other player acknowledged it and the ref acknowledged it.
The ref was good at the comment to Tarrico was top, sure I saw Gus have a giggle

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
top man he was how he never booked bridcutt in the second half for "taking one for the team" i will never know. ten out of ten!

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
The refs at this level are generally bad, but it's the linesman who are truly abysmal. Even for throw ins they normally just wait for the ref to decide before sticking their flag up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking of refs in general not so long ago the program used to show where the ref and linos were from but they dont now. Why is this is it to do with Data Protection etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here