Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays phone in ?? Why

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
To be fair I suppose if you phone in with a point of view they have to be debate it.

So the answers is to phone in.

Personally I would lie to see it expanded to a 2 hour phone in with time to expand on topics etc

It struggles with an hour, how they would fill an two up I dont know.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
I couldn't phone, I was driving. And almost the ENTIRE journey home, all they went on about was Rooney and Premiership wages (after a botched attempt at playing the Gus interview).

Not really good enough, is it ?

Yeah they ballsed up the Gus interview but then they played it in full just 5 minutes later. I'm presuming you've never had a technical issue where you work??

I heard a caller talking about the fact Gus could be poached by another team. I heard a caller talking about the need for another striker soon (remember the Frank Santander quote??). I heard a caller talking about wanting Gus to take the FA Cup seriously (great trip to Villa quote). I also heard a good interview with someone from Albion in the Community.

However, according to you "all they went on about was Rooney and Premiership wages".

Once again, don't let the truth get in the way of your argument will you?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd switched off by then as I'd arrived home.
If I thought there was something worth listening to then I'd have put the radio on in the kitchen for the rest of the show, but I'd lost the will to live with the shite they'd blathered on and on about during my journey.

Sorry ted, but in my opinion that phone-in show is garbage since Harty left. You clearly love it, which is fine, but you're not persuading me otherwise.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
That's a rather weak point. Mike got a book deal from following the Albion. There was a financial insentive and an ego growing opportunity.

There may have been an ego side to it, however Mike Ward did not get a book deal following the Albion. He published the book himself. If you think that all the money and time he spent on tickets, travelling and writing and publishing that book turned him into some kind of J.K. Rowling, you are sadly mistaken.

Give the guy a break, he has had 2 season tickets for the past 10 years. He has given the Albion a load of publicity on a national forum. He is passionate about the Albion.

He doesn't deserve to be called a tosser when the facts were wrong and he doesn't deserve allegations that he's making money out of his support.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
I'd switched off by then as I'd arrived home.
If I thought there was something worth listening to then I'd have put the radio on in the kitchen for the rest of the show, but I'd lost the will to live with the shite they'd blathered on and on about during my journey.

The FA Cup call was in the first 5 minutes. The Albion in the Community interview was about 5.15. The Frank Santander caller was about 5.25. Just how much of this show did you not listen to??

You say, "Sorry ted, but in my opinion that phone-in show is garbage since Harty left. You clearly love it, which is fine, but you're not persuading me otherwise."

My point exactly. You think it's garbage - so don't listen!! Why waste your time
A. listening to something you think is garbage and
B. sitting anonymously behind a keyboard slagging it off???

I think X Factor is garbage. Guess what?? I don't bother watching it. Simple.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Oh well excuse me if on driving home from the match I want to listen to something about THE ALBION, and perhaps a bit of analysis on the game. OUR game. Its been nothing but pissing Rooney all f***ing WEEK. We'd just beaten Yeovil and gone 6 points clear at the top of the table, so on the drive home THATS what I want to hear people talking about.

If I wanted to listen to yet more about ROONEYGATE, I'd have tuned to TalkShite or Shit-0-Six, I don't expect to have to have half the Albion phone-in dedicated to that irrelevent crap as well. And thats not an anti-Ward rant either - they should have just BINNED that tedious bumhat who phoned in about it from the start. If nobody else is calling in then FINE, just talk about the goddamn game, or at LEAST something to do with the Albion and not some grasping blotchy fat scouse billionaire granny-fiddler who we're all heartily SICK to f***ing DEATH of already.

And....breathe.

Whoooa there Neddy.
I never said it was any good did I? personally, I can't be bothered to get angry about it.
My point is the culture of a 'popular' poster forms a biased opinion, and 58 arse lickers all have to agree. For 'popular' poster, please read anyone who uses the word BUMHAT or only ever post in their mates threads unless its to belittle an outsider.

roumy

Jun 16, 2006
worthing

totally agree.

The callers spoke about rooney. From what i heard the hosts of the show never asked anyone to call in on this subject. It's not their fault if that's what the callers want to talk about; or would you like to sensor what people talk about?? Then you would have grounds for your silly, hissy fits.

For the original poster - "we'r top the league 6 points clear ,,, why the hell did they wast so much time on rooney"
what did you phone up to talk about?? Or did you just sit in your bedroom slagging people off from the anonymity of your keyboard??? Turn the radio off - it's not for you.

For ben's grandad - i can 100% guarantee that the bbc have never asked harty to come back and that the listening figures are just as good as when he was on.

big man . Went to the game heard the phone in in car i was just making a point about the phone . Do yourself a favour get on ebay buy yourself a rooney pic to look at . Ps get off the pc its not for you

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The FA Cup call was in the first 5 minutes. The Albion in the Community interview was about 5.15. The Frank Santander caller was about 5.25. Just how much of this show did you not listen to??

You say, "Sorry ted, but in my opinion that phone-in show is garbage since Harty left. You clearly love it, which is fine, but you're not persuading me otherwise."

My point exactly. You think it's garbage - so don't listen!! Why waste your time
A. listening to something you think is garbage and
B. sitting anonymously behind a keyboard slagging it off???

I think X Factor is garbage. Guess what?? I don't bother watching it. Simple.

Like I said, I tuned in in the hope of hearing some interviews and discussion about the game, and for the duration of my journey home I got neither. Didn't think it was much to ask, so let's just say it lived down to my expectations and leave it at that.

Apologies for ever airing my OPINION about it on a thread about the phone in. Whatever was I thinking.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I heard a caller talking about the fact Gus could be poached by another team. I heard a caller talking about the need for another striker soon (remember the Frank Santander quote??). I heard a caller talking about wanting Gus to take the FA Cup seriously (great trip to Villa quote). I also heard a good interview with someone from Albion in the Community..

there is some excellent material there for a really decent phone in... ask good follow up questions, debate it with the studio guests, encourage others to call in with differing opinions... what a waste that they let it all pass by :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whoooa there Neddy.
I never said it was any good did I? personally, I can't be bothered to get angry about it.
My point is the culture of a 'popular' poster forms a biased opinion, and 58 arse lickers all have to agree. For 'popular' poster, please read anyone who uses the word BUMHAT or only ever post in their mates threads unless its to belittle an outsider.

I assume you're referring to the Ward-baiting that goes on here ? If you can point out where I've jumped on that bandwagon with my "mates" then by all means. All I've done on hear is put my honest opinion, I don't really care who agrees and who doesnt.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I assume you're referring to the Ward-baiting that goes on here ? If you can point out where I've jumped on that bandwagon with my "mates" then by all means. All I've done on hear is put my honest opinion, I don't really care who agrees and who doesnt.

Sorry,I wasn't commenting on yourself particularly, but as they say "if the cap fits":shrug:
Not necessarily just the ward thing either.
lets all laugh at Portsmouth, lets all laugh at Liverpool, lets all laugh at Tottenham, Craig Davies, Chris Holroyd Bloody hell, I need to lie down in a darkened room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here