Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays phone in ?? Why

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was largely down to the complete DULLARD who phoned in and sounded utterly bewildered throughout most of the call. After a brief and vague meander about the game (which he'd listened to on the radio) he got onto his "main subject", that being Rooney, and the presenters indulged him to the full, wasting 10 minutes blathering on about it. Utter, utter SHITE.

I switched off. I was just waiting for the Gus interview anyway (they bollocksed that up as well). I'll pick up on the BBC website instead later. But that is one f***ed UP phone-in.

Albion Roar should be awarded the franchise.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
What is wrong with some of you fuckers? You spend saturday evening leisure time, whinging about the same thing every week! Something that can be easily remedied by NOT f***ing LISTENING. and don't give me that "only listen for Gus's interview"" bollocks, we've all got the internet.
I think some people can only feel accepted on here by slagging off Mike Ward, Thats the Mike Ward, who used his position in the media to give us as much coverage of our Falmer campaign as he could.
To be honest, as much as we all love Harty, the phone in has never been a brilliant, professional show, has it? I'm pretty sure it used to get it's own thread then as well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is wrong with some of you fuckers? You spend saturday evening leisure time, whinging about the same thing every week! Something that can be easily remedied by NOT f***ing LISTENING. and don't give me that "only listen for Gus's interview"" bollocks, we've all got the internet.
I think some people can only feel accepted on here by slagging off Mike Ward, Thats the Mike Ward, who used his position in the media to give us as much coverage of our Falmer campaign as he could.
To be honest, as much as we all love Harty, the phone in has never been a brilliant, professional show, has it? I'm pretty sure it used to get it's own thread then as well.

At least when harty and i did it we took many many calls from fans, be they supportive or not..Ok not everyone liked the style, BUT we got people listening and calling in.

Yes you are right...if you don't like it, don't listen..BUT we are very lucky to have a local radio station that gives over time to Brighton fans..we as fans ought to make sure it works. I am sure if the Beeb asked harty back, he would do it, I know I certainly would!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
At least when harty and i did it we took many many calls from fans, be they supportive or not..Ok not everyone liked the style, BUT we got people listening and calling in.

Yes you are right...if you don't like it, don't listen..BUT we are very lucky to have a local radio station that gives over time to Brighton fans..we as fans ought to make sure it works. I am sure if the Beeb asked harty back, he would do it, I know I certainly would!

I have no beef about Harty or yourself, or whoever did the show. I would be delighted if he came back to do it. It just seems to be a NSC habit to get on a bandwagon of slagging something off. i.e. Phone in, Mike ward, etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have no beef about Harty or yourself, or whoever did the show. I would be delighted if he came back to do it. It just seems to be a NSC habit to get on a bandwagon of slagging something off. i.e. Phone in, Mike ward, etc.

totally agree

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
.BUT we are very lucky to have a local radio station that gives over time to Brighton fans..we as fans ought to make sure it works.

Totally agree.

THE CALLERS spoke about Rooney. From what I heard the hosts of the show never asked anyone to call in on this subject. It's not their fault if that's what the callers want to talk about; or would you like to sensor what people talk about?? Then you would have grounds for your silly, hissy fits.

For the Original Poster - "WE'R TOP THE LEAGUE 6 POINTS CLEAR ,,, WHY THE HELL DID THEY WAST SO MUCH TIME ON ROONEY"
What did you phone up to talk about?? Or did you just sit in your bedroom slagging people off from the anonymity of your keyboard??? Turn the radio off - it's not for you.

For Ben's Grandad - I can 100% guarantee that the BBC have never asked Harty to come back and that the listening figures are just as good as when he was on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I no longer bother with it, total crap of the highest order.

Such a shame really as it used to be so very good.

Still look at the positives the phone in is shit we are good and we were shit when the phone in was good.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
To be fair I suppose if you phone in with a point of view they have to be debate it.

So the answers is to phone in.

Personally I would lie to see it expanded to a 2 hour phone in with time to expand on topics etc

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
WE'R TOP THE LEAGUE 6 POINTS CLEAR ,,, WHY THE HELL DID THEY WAST SO MUCH TIME ON ROONEY :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Good point, it pissed me off so much, I switched it off, bloody annoying

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
ward was talking about the albion 01-02 and the players he didnt even go till 03-04 the bloke is a :tosser:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Oh well excuse me if on driving home from the match I want to listen to something about THE ALBION, and perhaps a bit of analysis on the game. OUR game. Its been nothing but pissing Rooney all f***ing WEEK. We'd just beaten Yeovil and gone 6 points clear at the top of the table, so on the drive home THATS what I want to hear people talking about.

If I wanted to listen to yet more about ROONEYGATE, I'd have tuned to TalkShite or Shit-0-Six, I don't expect to have to have half the Albion phone-in dedicated to that irrelevent crap as well. And thats not an anti-Ward rant either - they should have just BINNED that tedious bumhat who phoned in about it from the start. If nobody else is calling in then FINE, just talk about the goddamn game, or at LEAST something to do with the Albion and not some grasping blotchy fat scouse billionaire granny-fiddler who we're all heartily SICK to f***ing DEATH of already.

And....breathe.

Last edited:

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
ward was talking about the albion 01-02 and the players he didnt even go till 03-04 the bloke is a :tosser:

Like most posts in this thread, why let the truth get in the way of a good slagging??

Mike Ward's "Gullhanger" book charts his following of the Albion at every home and away game in the 2001 - 02 season. I wonder if you managed to do that?

It seems that he is more than qualified to talk about that team - however, he obviously didn't because according to other posters "all they talked about was Rooney" Or could that be more NSC BS!!

Vulture - If you're going to call someone a tosser, can I suggest you get your facts right, or sir, it is you that ends up looking like one.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
As Harty used to say- 'you set the agenda'.If you phone up and talk about the Albion i am sure they will be more than pleased.Phone up next time and talk to an Albion legend Johnny Byrne.Why just come on here moaning about it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I couldn't phone, I was driving. And almost the ENTIRE journey home, all they went on about was Rooney and Premiership wages (after a botched attempt at playing the Gus interview).

Not really good enough, is it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here