Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Phone In on SCR

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
At last - something resembling a decent phone-in with people expressing their views on today's game.

Credit where it's due Harty - this is what we want, even though I thought your views on the Butters (internet sale) situation were a bit hypocritical. On the one hand you had no problem with a former Man U or Palase player playing for us (when you always refer to them as Scum), but seemed to not understand how the squad my have felt as a whole with the Butters incident.

I'm no Butters fan - but I felt he played fairly well today and that can only be good for us if and when he's called upon again.

I know two players at the club and both thought the internet auction was , and I quote one of them (who was injured and not playing today) 'that whole thing was f**king bang out of order'.

Keep up the good work on the phone in - it's much more interesting when it's football related rather than an OAP's convention.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
SCR is so amateur it is embarrasing. Albion coverage ok and phone in's ok but so so so so amateur....oh where do they get them from!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The comment by Harty, which went something like “caller screening is alive and well”, after the person who said he didn’t like Kanchelskis because he played for Man Utd made me chuckle. For the record I don’t give a smeg who they played for as long as they can produce the goods for us. I’d take Van Nistlerooy, hell I’d even take Freedman!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I know this is boring for everyone who's been here, but would somebody enlighten this NSC'er who's been away for a week what, if anything, has happened with regard to Kanchelskis in that time?

I can't seem to find any mention of him (gasp!) on the new fangled, all shiny turbo-nutter-bastard official site.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Southstandandy I'm glad you enjoyed the show but I don't think my views on Butters were that hypocritical.
The truth is I don't care where any Brighton player has played before, even Palace, providing he gives 100% whilst wearing a blue and white shirt.
As for Butters he is bascially a victim of the world wide web, if that had been in an Albion fanzine, if any still exist?, the Argus wouldn't have touched it let alone the Sun, but by going on the net it played out to a much wider audience and attracted attention.
I think all parties have overreacted a bit, in hindsight maybe it was a bit harsh putting him up for sale on the net but supporters who paid good money for Div One football last season had good reason to be pissed off, but by the same token I don't believe there was anything really malicious in it, it was just good old fashioned terrace humour, it can be cutting but that's the nature of the beast. The Albion paying public all have a right to their own opinion, its called democracy.
Face facts nobody has died, and when or if Butters goes up for a corner and notches with his head and the Withdean explodes it will all be a dim and distant memory.
Returning to the subject of the phone-in, I need post match reaction from Plymouth so if anyone fancies it give us a call on the whistle on 08459 570057, don't worry about an expensive call as the Beeb take your number and ring you back.
Thanks
Harty

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wise words Harty, ever thought about a career in radio. And now it's Bachman, Turner and Overdrive.........

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And as for your comment about any murderers up for day release from Lewes prison (or however you put it) and Lesley Grantham, we could have done with one of them yesterday playing against Nicholls. The murderer that is, not Dirty Den.
But I agree with you about not caring about where players have been before, as long as they do the biz for the Albion.

Oh, and I really do like Andrew Hawes and John Byrne. Their commentary is really top rate. But can they give some gardening tips out when there's a break in play. Just for Mary (if that's her name), you understand.:jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Still playing in Portsmouth?

ROBERTO CODWAR

Jul 14, 2003
The last time I listened to the phone in ha tee was going on about Worthing Worthing Worthing and more bloody Worthing !!who cares. Brighton and Hove Albion as the name suggests is for people of Brighton and Hove, not those jumping on the bandwagon, because they have no pro team in they're town.

IF ONLY PEOPLE FROM THE BRIGHTON AND HOVE CONURBATION WERE ALLOWED TO WITHDEAN, IT WOULD FURTHER HIGHLIGHT THE NEED FOR FALMER. :angry:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Brighton and Hove Albion as the name suggests is for people of Brighton and Hove, not those jumping on the bandwagon, because they have no pro team in they're town.

IF ONLY PEOPLE FROM THE BRIGHTON AND HOVE CONURBATION WERE ALLOWED TO WITHDEAN, IT WOULD FURTHER HIGHLIGHT THE NEED FOR FALMER. :angry: [/B]

Well there's a thing! And to think that the thousands of us Albion supporters living across the border thought that signing the petition for Falmer might help highlight the need.

ROBERTO CODWAR

Jul 14, 2003
My point is, if only true Hoveonians and Brightonians were allowed to the Withers, it heighten the need for Falmer tenfold

AlbionFan

Aug 14, 2003
Sompting
Jumping on the bandwagon!! I lived in Hove for years before I moved to Sompting. Does that mean I now have to go and watch Sompting FC rather than Brighton? I have a season ticket and will continue to have one even if I move to London.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Okay, are you guys slagging of the show or harty? because personally I think there both great! Like to see any of you half wits do any better!?! No, seriously, dont slagg it off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here