Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Match and Your Fans

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Mmmmmm...

A game at the Goldstone in May '72 springs to mind

BHA needed a draw for auto promotion to Div. 2, and Dale needed a draw to stay in Div. 3

Finished 1-1

:smile:

Fix! :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hello! Dale fan here in peace :)

Firstly I thought today was one of the best football matches I've seen, and a fantastic advertisment for League 1 football, even though a man with a whistle thought he would try and ruin things for both teams!.

If you lot don't go up this season I will be shocked, you're practically there now and if you play like you did today (the passing and movement was fantastic) you'll easily be in the Championship.

I, as many Dale fans are shocked at how well we've done this season, and even though this isn't very modest I feel we matched you yard for yard, kick for kick today and the scoreline was very fair.

Your penalty was dubious, but from about 60 yards away my first instinct was that it was a penalty and if it had been for us I'd have been screaming for a penalty.

Rose tinted specs maybe but I think our penalty was stone wall as your defender who had been all over O'Grady all afternoon went through the back of him.

We should have had a 2nd penalty as your defender clearly handballed it towards the end, but that's life and there's nothing we can do about it!

And your fans are a credit to your club! Very friendly and vocal, shame you sang 'we're gonna score in a minute' and a minute later we scored! :p But you lot cheered the local lads who were playing football at half time and seemed very gracious in the draw, cheers guys :)

I like this guy... come have a championship experience with us next season... do the Dell scum in the play off final.

Can i just say, you said that you have performed well above anything you ever dreamt of, so have we... welcome to the club.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
A very good match, a nice well kept stadium with plenty of atmosphere, a chippy just behind the visitors stand, pay on the gate and sit where you choose, pretty much the perfect away day, if only the station was closer.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to echo the sentiment about Oldham and Rochdale, Oldham is a miserable dump with fans to match, 'Dale is just about the complete opposite. Like B'Muff and Orient they have done superbly on a small budget, actually would love to see them make the playoffs.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
cosy little club; local car about 50 yards from ground proudly displaying Oldham scarf and bar staff in Burnley shirts wtf; and all locals were closet mancs who went mad when rooney scored.

They were West Ham shirts

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Must admit there were a lot of cheers when Man Utd scored in that pub right next to the ground.

Thought we were lucky to get a point as Rochdale rocked - looked a good team.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
They were West Ham shirts

Didn't see any of the United game as we were outside in the beer garden, but I assumed the West Ham shirts were purely because they hate Manchester United so much? But then again, they surely can't wear the shirts of United's opposition every game they play!

Was a decent little pub although I wasn't a fan of the beer - which was a shame because I know there are some decent ales from that area.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I wasn't cheering for the yellows at half time... I had a large stake on the red and blacks to win. What a winner too, :thumbsup:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
The bar staff said that the West ham shirts were because they had a close link with them signing their players and the money received keeping Rochdale alive. Biggest signings were Stephen Bywater and then as far back as Alan Taylor who scored in the FA Cup Final for West Ham in the 70's.

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
A Grand day out, up from Plymouth & a fair result (for us) in fact the only things that could have made it better, would have been all 3points off the back of our chances 1st half & more RW. Lees pre match drinks, thanks for your hospitality Roch-a-dale, Top Club, Top Pie & Chips... & The Sssuuuuunnnnssshhhiiiiinnnnneeee!!!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can't see anywhere sayong how many Albion fans went yesterday. Anyone know?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can't see anywhere sayong how many Albion fans went yesterday. Anyone know?

I think it was 871 from memory.I would love to see Rochdale win the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here