Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays attendance

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hardly surprising as many fans who have season tickets on holiday, plus there will be a reduction as Withdean is horrible and fans are pissed off with it.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Lack of investment in the team is the reason why many of the regulars that i know from a couple of years ago aren't there now. It started when we failed to sign anyone in the January transfer window back in our last season in the Championship and has progressively got worse. Now that the legal fees for Falmer are over, lets see what the next excuse will be.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Season ticket prices were reduced, why weren't match day tickets?

People don't want to pay £25 for league one football.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Lack of investment in the team is the reason why many of the regulars that i know from a couple of years ago aren't there now. It started when we failed to sign anyone in the January transfer window back in our last season in the Championship and has progressively got worse. Now that the legal fees for Falmer are over, lets see what the next excuse will be.

Ive got to dissagree with you there, everyone knows our situation with cash.

The main problem with the low attendances are the prices!

£25 to watch 3rd division football is a shambles!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I've stopped going because of the price even with the paltry reduction its just to expensive to watch crap football

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004

Im sure if you get a season ticket in South Stand centre it still works out at about £22 quid a game. Don't see why anybody would be interested in taking out a season ticket if £3 is all you save!

D

Deleted member 2719

I feel lot's of interest rate rises has a part to blame.

Well done to the hardcore.:clap::clap::clap:

D

Deleted User X18H

You either an Albion fan or you are not obviously some of you are not anymore.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Probably a combination of holiday season, Withdean, and that we didn't seem to make many signings and lost the first game leading people to think it'll be a shit season. But if we start playing well the crowds will pick up.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Look at the other attendancies in the division. Apart from Swansea none of them were great. Lots of folks on holiday and the season starts too bloody early.

Colchester only got 4000+ in the Championship!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been a season ticket holder for years but I didn't renew and didn't go today. It's nothing to do with quality of football or lack of signings, I have two kids now and just can't afford to go every game, I'll probably do about half.

As others have said, it's not cheap, particularly if you have a family.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

People don't want to pay £25 for league one football.

I think that's a mega reason.

Knight and Perry are sucking up to the seaon ticket holders on such a ridiculous level after the West Ham fiasco, that they have completely ignored the less regular/wealthy fan.

That, combined with the fact that our squad is virtually identical to the one that produced such shit performance last year, is your answer.

D

Deleted member 2719

Look at the other attendancies in the division. Apart from Swansea none of them were great. Lots of folks on holiday and the season starts too bloody early.

Colchester only got 4000+ in the Championship!

Fair point.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
after todays performance, is it any wonder?

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Price is clearly the main answer, who wants to pay £25 to be made to sit down in silence by the stewards and the general apathy from most of our fans.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You either an Albion fan or you are not obviously some of you are not anymore.

Whether you lke it or not, if you don,t get the "fairweather" supporter interested, Falmer is a complete and utter waste of time.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think it's a combination of the cost and people's general low expectations of what they are going to get to see.

It costs £30 for myself and my son to get wet watching 90 minutes of third tier football. For the same money, my whole family (2+3kids) can go to the cinema and have a McDonalds afterwards.

Add the fact that other than Nicky Forster the squad is exactly the same as it was last season. And after Christmas it was hardly inspiring, just one win I think and too many games where we failed to score. Why should anyone believe it is going to be any different this season.

The second half today was good and if we keep winning the crowds will come back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here