Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's argus

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think a strong push for the play offs this season (whether me make it or not) will help in recruiting the players needed for a serious promotion push next season.
If we finish lower mid table, we won't be such an attractive option as a team who just missed out on promotion.
This. It's not like we just settle for mid-table this season (which most of us are happy with anyway) and then push for promotion next year, I think you have to push every year, and then hopefully you'll get it at some point. Cardiff prove every year just how difficult it is.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bingo! Promotion to the Premiership is currently worth £90m (even if relegated the following season) if I recall correctly! . A bid wedge back to Tony if achieved. :)

Its not as if we haven't got the premiership experience this season

On tele every other week
Over half our home games not 3pm Saturday

Malky Mackay on radio this morning said Cardiff had had offers for three separate players knocked back in the recent transfer window.

Their bids for the three were -
£1.5m
£2m
£3m

Wonder which one related to Nooney ?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Malky Mackay on radio this morning said Cardiff had had offers for three separate players knocked back in the recent transfer window.

£1.5m
£2m
£3m

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven

£1.5m
£2m
£3m

I heard it was 1.5m from a reliable sauce. I think Malky knew he was taking the piss with a £450k offer. I half expected Nooney to go for that but Gus seems intent to keep our best players for as long as possible. Unfortunately I think this will be another Crofts/Bennett saga :/

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Hasn't Gus recently stated that he only wants to go up if we can stay up; not get trounced most weeks, end up getting relegated, or even being a yo-yo team (say like wolves)..?
He seemed quite resolute in that.

TB may have different idea's of course, but that would be an interesting clash of ideal's for both of them.

IMO, without 6 or 7 changes from the team right now, Gus' prediction would be true.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

£1.5m
£2m
£3m

As I understand it was £1.2m upfront rising to £1.5m with appearances and promotion.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
On deadline day I saw it written that hoskyns would only go if we got someone in on loan to replace him. Presumably Gus is confident he will get whoever he is after!?

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I suspect that our performances against Spurs, Sunderland, Liverpool and Newcastle have convinced Gus and Tony that the current squad (plus a few additions) might just be able to cut it in the Prem. Gus gave a clue after the Newcastle game when he commented on how far the club had come in a year. So I suspect we are going to have a go at getting into the play offs. Hence the strengthing at full back and the arrival of a physically strong striker. If Gus can add the midfielder he is talking about then we might have a go at it with a good chance of success. After all we are over half way through the season and who have we seen at the Amex that we think was nailed on for promotion? Southampton looked pretty ordinary without Ricky and WHU functional at best. Today will be a real test however. Money bags Leicester should have sewed this League up long ago.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
CM seems where people want improvements, just imagine this team plus Crofts and Bennett! One Prem type striker addition and maybe a keeper, you'd think we have as good a chance of 17th as anyone. 40M extra first season plus the gates etc. could well afford couple players and not risk the future, just long as we didn't buy in a raft of overpaid old players. Norwich and Swansea shown the way forward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here