Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Something to do with this chap?
0,,10433~3820628,00.jpg

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Love that clip, great memories. Just look at Virgo strolling up the pitch as it starts, looking at the bench, where McGhee is waving frantically for him to get up there (out of shot of course) at which point he breaks into a little trot and then is perfectly placed to run onto Cullip's flick on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fanbloodytastic. Couldn't believe there hasn't been a reference to i yet today. To many gobshites slagging off Murray to remember the glorious past!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish flouncing off NSC?
:lolol:

I was in the Sports Cafe in Haymarket with a couple of hundred other Albion. It was otherwise busy with various tourist types, mostly crowding around the big Brazil v France friendly (played in one-off 1950s football kits, I recall). The atmosphere at the back where we were watching the play off game got a bit nasty shortly after Swindon went 2-0 up on the night. A lone Swindon fan was suddenly turned on and made a sharp exit.

Then Virgo scored. Deafening noise. Beer everywhere. There was only going to be one penalty shoot out winner from there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lovely, thanks for posting the link

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The commentary is just brilliant "..........You're not there yet though". Shame it's Harding first on the scene to congratulate Virgo though!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was one weird night. It was a clear blue sky at 5pm and by 6pm the clouds were BROWN. Rarely a good sign. It pissed it down mercilessly for all of the first half, stopped for a breather at half-time, then pissed it down mercilessly for all of the second half. Being in H Block, I remember, about a minute before Virgo's season-changing goal, Tommy HitTheBar Mooney hacking down Virgo right in front of us, and as Mooney was jogging off, Virgo absolutely BELTED the free-kick with the sole intent of decapitating the bald bastard. Luckily, at least on one level, it whistled past his ear - and the rest is history :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think the highlight of that clip is freeze frame at 20 seconds.

I recall watching it in The Rose and Crown in York, to start with it was just me and a mate watching it on a small TV in the corner. By the time it got to the end everyone in the pub was crowding round cheering on Brighton, it was a shame there weren't any Swindon fans around though.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
7 years, doesn't time fly. I was watching in the Students' Union bar - just me and 4 Swindon fans. What a night. The clip still gives me goosebumps.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
It was one weird night. It was a clear blue sky at 5pm and by 6pm the clouds were BROWN. Rarely a good sign. It pissed it down mercilessly for all of the first half, stopped for a breather at half-time, then pissed it down mercilessly for all of the second half. Being in H Block, I remember, about a minute before Virgo's season-changing goal, Tommy HitTheBar Mooney hacking down Virgo right in front of us, and as Mooney was jogging off, Virgo absolutely BELTED the free-kick with the sole intent of decapitating the bald bastard. Luckily, at least on one level, it whistled past his ear - and the rest is history :lol:

The weather was mental, wasn't it? I remember looking out from The Sportsman before kick-off with dread about what was about to happen...

The one other thing I'll always remember about the goal itself is that for 120 minutes Hiney had been sat about 6/7 rows behind me, but when the celebrations stopped he was somehow right next to me!

And of course the noise when the final penalty hit that post - amazing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here