Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today is my first day of signing on........

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That sounds bleak. Seriously Tim its all been jolly hockeysticks and 2 month trips to Cornwall and no work for 6 months but the game is up. You are lucky you got paid for 6 months for doing diddly squat and have a lump sum which you would not get if you were self employed and your profession had been dessimated. I think the fun and games may be over and the lump sum won't last for ever. You must have 25 years + working life yet and its time to Man up and stop taking the piss out of everyone mug enough to have to work for a living. Its a serious comment to a bloke I know is a decent sort really.

He's been banging on for months about his big pay off (which is likely exagerrated), how great life is for him and all his beanos he's been on when in fact we all know anyone with half a brain cell would have been looking for work and saving the lump sum for anther rainy day. Instead he leaves it to the last minute and through his own stupidity has to queue up for pittance with the rest of the workhouse dregs. More fool him.

D

Deleted User X18H

That sounds bleak. Seriously Tim its all been jolly hockeysticks and 2 month trips to Cornwall and no work for 6 months but the game is up. You are lucky you got paid for 6 months for doing diddly squat and have a lump sum which you would not get if you were self employed and your profession had been dessimated. I think the fun and games may be over and the lump sum won't last for ever. You must have 25 years + working life yet and its time to Man up and stop taking the piss out of everyone mug enough to have to work for a living. Its a serious comment to a bloke I know is a decent sort really.

Chill out GG I'll be fine I have recently obtained my licensed credit brokers accreditation and may be offering unsecured pay day loans soon 28 day maximum £400 per person NO CREDIT CHECKS!!!!

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

He's been banging on for months about his big pay off (which is likely exagerrated), how great life is for him and all his beanos he's been on when in fact we all know anyone with half a brain cell would have been looking for work and saving the lump sum for anther rainy day. Instead he leaves it to the last minute and through his own stupidity has to queue up for pittance with the rest of the workhouse dregs. More fool him.

Are you including Adam Virgos Shirt and BHAexpress as the workhouse dregs I hope not!!

I am signing purely to get my NI stamp paid as since 1989 a fair proportion of my contribution has gone to the Pru. But if I am not earning now I am not contributing but if I sign I am able to do so!

If you really want to know mate we are having to reroute our rental income too living expenses and not into savings!!

I am trying to find a humourous side to my current predicament!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They're civil servants, it'll never happen. However, in fairness to them they do try to be friendly and sympathetic, it can't be much fun that job.
Jobcentreplus is under review by the Government at the moment and they are considering "outsourcing" to the private sector. If these jobs are transferred into the "real world" the consequences of running it as a profitable business dont look good for Jobcentreplus employees as trimming the headcount will lead to compulsory redundancies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's going to sell pay day loans at high interest rates to people in the shit Ed.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Are you including Adam Virgos Shirt and BHAexpress as the workhouse dregs I hope not!!

I am signing purely to get my NI stamp paid as since 1989 a fair proportion of my contribution has gone to the Pru. But if I am not earning now I am not contributing but if I sign I am able to do so!

If you really want to know mate we are having to reroute our rental income too living expenses and not into savings!!

I am trying to find a humourous side to my current predicament!!

We have all been trying to find a humourous side to the current predicament, the thing is your time has only just come about, and in the past you have been so insensitive to others who use this board, others who have /are struggling from the start.

D

Deleted User X18H

He's going to sell pay day loans at high interest rates to people in the shit Ed.

No GG I am going to accommodate those in society who cannot obtain mainstream credit and allow them to borrow at personal risk to myself at slightly??? higher interest rates for a limited period only.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's all so much easier now than it was in the days when I signed on to the old Professional and Executive Register.

What I needed to do then was tell them that I had a degree in social anthropology, and that I was hoping to get employment as a social anthropologist in Brighton (or Hove, since I was prepared to travel). This set the regular stream of giro cheques flowing. I then had to call into their office six months later and tell them I wasn't having much luck finding the job I wanted. They were very sympathetic and wished me better luck in the following six months. The giros kept coming.

You young people just don't realise how HARD it used to be for us OLDIES.

Did you have a hippy beard back then ? :ohmy:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll tell you what Ed ...................NO!!!

Am I getting this right?

1. Today you have signed something-or-other with some sort of legal basis, that indicates you are actively looking for work.

2. You have explicitly declared on here that you are not looking for work.

3. A lot of people know your name, possibly your address or can find it out easy enough.

4. The government have quite well publicised 'whistle blower' campaigns for those 'cheating the system'.

Is that what's going on here?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I usually feel for anyone in the situation of having to sign on but after months of bragging about how much better his life is HB&B will now have to queue alongside the scallywags and maybe he will realise that is what he has become. He is no better or worse than them.

Doing it to top up his contributions? What a crock of shit. He is signing on 'cos he couldn't afford to live otherwise

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Am I getting this right?

1. Today you have signed something-or-other with some sort of legal basis, that indicates you are actively looking for work.

2. You have explicitly declared on here that you are not looking for work.

3. A lot of people know your name, possibly your address or can find it out easy enough.

4. The government have quite well publicised 'whistle blower' campaigns for those 'cheating the system'.

Is that what's going on here?

And he wants to become a Magistrate :lol:, you couldn't make it up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...oh, and you have pissed off a lot of folk on this very forum with what has often been a very unpleasant attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here