Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today I shall be mostly helping to canvass for the Tory Party in BN1

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyway I am off to Scarborough Fair.......sorry not Scarborough... Southwick Green.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
As I have pointed out to you several times before it is very ignorant to suggest that the significant support for the Green party across much of central Brighton is from radical new wave "hand knitted yoghurt" types.

They represent LEFT WING politics which the Labour party have sadly largely abandoned in recent years and this is why, in a predominantly liberal and left wing area, the Pavilion seat is likely to swing from Labour to the Greens this week.

It's not some petty pocket of protest as you keep trying to portray, but serious support for a serious party who best represent the Pavilion ward constituents.

It's also entirely unjustified to suggest that Green voters are unaware of the party's manifesto and policies. We are a long way from the days when voting Green was simply a nod to the environment and their stance on pensions, the NHS, fair banking practices, social housing and the minimum wage are not waffly up in the air suggestions but reasoned and sensible solutions to some very real problems that people in Brighton face.

You spend so much time trying to discredit opponents of the Tory party but notably fail to give ANY valid reasons why people should vote for Charlotte Vere, who may well be a very decent politician but as far as I can work out from your ramblings you'd just like to sleep with her and would vote for anyone who agreed to fly the blue flag of yur beloved Conservatives.

I think the forthcoming election is shaping up to be very interesting and I'm quite looking forward to polling day to see how everything works out. I'm all up for hearing from everyone who has some input and welcome a free exchange of ideas and reasoned debate BUT the claptrap you incessantly spout, Hove Born&Bred, isn't just rather embarrassing for you but actually rather harmful to the party you claim to represent.

By living up to old fashioned stereotypes of bigoted and uneducated right wing snobs you do real harm to the Conservative party candidate standing for Brighton pavilion and your determination to write off anyone who challenges you and willfully ignore all the people on this board, and no doubt elsewhere, who have made it very clear they aren't interested in your ignorant views discredits you even further.

I have to ask, if - as predicted - the Green party do win the Pavilion seat and Charlotte Vere is roundly beaten will you accept that you have underestimated the very real support for Caroline Lucas and congratulate the best candidate on her victory or will you look to blame the result on tactical voting and people supporting a party just to be "trendy"?

Essentially will you admit that you are going to look very foolish having made such a song and dance about the Conservatives on this, a football forum, should they fail locally?

I'm genuinely interested

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As I have pointed out to you several times before it is very ignorant to suggest that the significant support for the Green party across much of central Brighton is from radical new wave "hand knitted yoghurt" types.

They represent LEFT WING politics which the Labour party have sadly largely abandoned in recent years and this is why, in a predominantly liberal and left wing area, the Pavilion seat is likely to swing from Labour to the Greens this week.

It's not some petty pocket of protest as you keep trying to portray, but serious support for a serious party who best represent the Pavilion ward constituents.

It's also entirely unjustified to suggest that Green voters are unaware of the party's manifesto and policies. We are a long way from the days when voting Green was simply a nod to the environment and their stance on pensions, the NHS, fair banking practices, social housing and the minimum wage are not waffly up in the air suggestions but reasoned and sensible solutions to some very real problems that people in Brighton face.

You spend so much time trying to discredit opponents of the Tory party but notably fail to give ANY valid reasons why people should vote for Charlotte Vere, who may well be a very decent politician but as far as I can work out from your ramblings you'd just like to sleep with her and would vote for anyone who agreed to fly the blue flag of yur beloved Conservatives.

I think the forthcoming election is shaping up to be very interesting and I'm quite looking forward to polling day to see how everything works out. I'm all up for hearing from everyone who has some input and welcome a free exchange of ideas and reasoned debate BUT the claptrap you incessantly spout, Hove Born&Bred, isn't just rather embarrassing for you but actually rather harmful to the party you claim to represent.

By living up to old fashioned stereotypes of bigoted and uneducated right wing snobs you do real harm to the Conservative party candidate standing for Brighton pavilion and your determination to write off anyone who challenges you and willfully ignore all the people on this board, and no doubt elsewhere, who have made it very clear they aren't interested in your ignorant views discredits you even further.

I have to ask, if - as predicted - the Green party do win the Pavilion seat and Charlotte Vere is roundly beaten will you accept that you have underestimated the very real support for Caroline Lucas and congratulate the best candidate on her victory or will you look to blame the result on tactical voting and people supporting a party just to be "trendy"?

Essentially will you admit that you are going to look very foolish having made such a song and dance about the Conservatives on this, a football forum, should they fail locally?

I'm genuinely interested
What a great bounce the above will be should the underdog take her palce in Parliament, if not then well done to Dr Caroline Lucas, who I will be in touch with at her first surgery, cant wait!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You see very few people have read the Green manifesto all this alleged support is due to tribal voting or support. Its the trendy and diverse element its not political. I am voting Green cos I am so different. Did you see the guy on Newsnight who invited the BBC down so excited was he that Brighton might elect the UK'S first Green MP. Then he read the Green manifesto and changed his mind to Lib Dem or maybe Tory.

Really? How do you know that then because everyone I know who is voting Green, including myself, has read their manifesto and knows about their policies? You are so full of shit Hodges.

A Tory vote in Brighton is a completely wasted vote this election.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Really? How do you know that then because everyone I know who is voting Green, including myself, has read their manifesto and knows about their policies? You are so full of shit Hodges.

A Tory vote in Brighton is a completely wasted vote this election.

On a drive back from a garden centre in Hassocks today, the traffic was a pig, so we ended up going through Patcham, Hollingbury and Surrdenden (we were looking for somewhere that sold the Arsegas, believe it or not), areas I genuinely thought was pretty solid True Blue; well, not EVERYONE obviously, but they're Tory strongholds with an air of not being at home to *cough* 'trendy-lefty' types.

I have no doubt that the Conservative vote is the popular vote in those areas, but I was quite surprised to see a fair whack of Green posters decorating the windows of north Brighton. Granted, these are the people who wish to shout the loudest, and not everyone wants to put their political affiliation on display, but I was quite taken aback to see one Green poster, let alone several.

Having said all that, much as the Greens might well be hotly tipped to win the seat, I have still have no real gut feeling (and I do have quite a sizeable gut) as to which way this constituency is going to go.

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm genuinely interested

If Caroline Lucas, Nancy Platts or even Berni Millam wins I will warmly congratulate them. However I think a organisation, as extremely left wing as the Greens will discredit and devalue what everyone in this city is trying to achieve.That is to continue to be a creative , innovative and cultural haven. Not some diverse backwater that has no political credibility with an MP who will in my opinion, not be respected in Westminster and therefore not able to represent this town effectively. I speak as a 5th generation Brightonian.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If Caroline Lucas, Nancy Platts or even Berni Millam wins I will warmly congratulate them. However I think a organisation, as extremely left wing as the Greens will discredit and devalue what everyone in this city is trying to achieve.That is to continue to be a creative , innovative and cultural haven. Not some diverse backwater that has no political credibility with an MP who will in my opinion, not be respected in Westminster and therefore not able to represent this town effectively. I speak as a 5th generation Brightonian.

Let me get this straight - having a Green MP will STOP Brighton from having an air of creativity, innovation and stop the city from being a cultural haven? Can you explain that one.

And how does someone who is not respected in Westminster (clearly a wild guess borne of ignorance) become an ineffective constituency MP? Explain that as well, please.

Having re-read your post, it looks like your 'warm congratulations' for Caroline Lucas, should she win, will be pretty shallow, seeing as you have dismissed her efforts already.

Dandyman

In London village.
And here's a picture of Timmy on the knock.

Attachments

• Hodges.jpg
    Hodges.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 67

Dandyman

In London village.
Just sitting here waiting for my Argus profile to be posted..........

Cool. While your waiting, could you tell us if Ms Vere is still trying to link the Green Party to the BNP or has that become too ludicrous even for the Tories?

D

Deleted User X18H

Cool. While your waiting, could you tell us if Ms Vere is still trying to link the Green Party to the BNP or has that become too ludicrous even for the Tories?

How has she done that?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So you weren't with your colleagues posting anti-Green slur leaflets containing absolute tripe through doors in Hollingbury this afternoon? Vere must be very worried judging by some of the crap stats/claims on that flyer trying to influence the working class Green voter, just a shame she didn't have courage in her convictions and put either her party's name or hers on it....oh wait she did, right at the very bottom of page two in the tiniest font possible so as to be almost unreadable. Classic and laughable.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Let me get this straight - having a Green MP will STOP Brighton from having an air of creativity, innovation and stop the city from being a cultural haven? Can you explain that one.

And how does someone who is not respected in Westminster (clearly a wild guess borne of ignorance) become an ineffective constituency MP? Explain that as well, please.

Having re-read your post, it looks like your 'warm congratulations' for Caroline Lucas, should she win, will be pretty shallow, seeing as you have dismissed her efforts already.

Yoo-hoo! Timmy...

Dandyman

In London village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here