Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby Adgestien

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Listening to his interview from Peterborough on Seagullsworld he also comes across as both eloquent and intelligent. I honestly think he is a superstar in the making and with his feet firmly on the ground (apart from the towering header that will will us the play off final at Wembley this year) he is here for the big time.
Exciting innit?

TNBA

TTF

When he first signed for us my mate bumped into him on the tube in London (2 summers ago?). He was wearing his full Albion training gear so my mate who knows i'm an albion fan went over and said hello to him. Apparently seemed a really nice lad and said he was really enjoying life at the Albion.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I think the fact that he has spent the last year with JFC playing behind will help ease him into the squad. Jake has taken to the squad like a duck to water and is already establishing himself as 1 of our better players. Toby could do the same and save us a couple of Million in the short term. All in all the injuries and suspensions have been a blessing in disguise.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Was thinking that. He sounds like a local middle class lad who has maybe picked up a bit of slang and intonation from his ruffian mates! Hope to see him paired with Ash on the away trips, could give him a few pointers :facepalm:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm glad he's got his chance and thus far seems to be grabbing it with both hands.

Good luck to him, could be a somewhat unexpected gem for us in the coming weeks and months.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You must have seen lot of the lad. The two things top players need are pace and touch. Is he quick ? What is his touch like ? Then strikers need to know how to finish. Is he a finisher ?

All up for grabs.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Apart from the assist, what else did he do well in the 5 minutes he was on the pitch for?

how about tracked back and won the ball off their winger?

Jesus - have some of you had a fecking positivity bypass of late. get a grip...we have a potential future star and yet all some of you want to do is be pessimistic. tell you what...why not log onto The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum - perhaps you'll be more at home amongst the other plastic fans!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
agree, all he needs is time.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
how about tracked back and won the ball off their winger?

Jesus - have some of you had a fecking positivity bypass of late. get a grip...we have a potential future star and yet all some of you want to do is be pessimistic. tell you what...why not log onto The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum - perhaps you'll be more at home amongst the other plastic fans!

At the risk of getting called a plastic, I still think Agdestein has a lot to work on. He did well, but he's very much still in development and hence the development squad for me. I've been very impressed with his forward play, but in terms of defending yesterday, he looked half a yard off the Posh players mentally, and El-Abd had to ditch his own man on a couple of occasions to cover Tobys.

The only reason I say this, is not to be negative, as it's brilliant to see the dev squad players breaking through, but to perhaps temper the excitable few who may off the back of these last few games be claiming he should start ahead of Barnes. Barnes does the basics and defensive stuff so well, he's a more complete player at the moment. Agdestein looks like a good option to bring on though when we're chasing a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here