Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To 'THE' or not to 'THE'

What should it be...?

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well you've not got all the options on the poll.

The questions that need to be asked are:

The Withdean Stadium or Withdean Stadium ?

Withdean or The Withdean ?

:jester:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Withdean Stadium as in The Goldstone Ground.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If you're going to the match you would say "I'm off to Withdean" rather than The Withdean. In the old days you would have said "I'm off to the Goldstone". The Withdean Stadium and The Goldstone Ground just describe the location of the ground.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It's surely a no-brainer. Withdean stadium.

You would think so but it appears that some people either have no brains or are very unsure where they left it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you're going to the match you would say "I'm off to Withdean" rather than The Withdean. In the old days you would have said "I'm off to the Goldstone". The Withdean Stadium and The Goldstone Ground just describe the location of the ground.

You can't compare the two and say that Withdean is called The Withdean because The Goldstone was called The Goldstone Ground.

One was called The Goldstone Ground, the other is called Withdean Stadium. You don't put a 'The' in front of the other purely because the original had one.

Anyhoo, the purpose of this thread is to discover how many erroneously call it 'The Withdean Stadium'.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You can't compare the two and say that Withdean is called The Withdean because The Goldstone was called The Goldstone Ground.

One was called The Goldstone Ground, the other is called Withdean Stadium. You don't put a 'The' in front of the other purely because the original had one.

Anyhoo, the purpose of this thread is to discover how many erroneously call it 'The Withdean Stadium'.

ok , I smell but I'm not the only one. :thumbsup: Must be something to do with me growing up in Whitehawk. :p

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

who made you the authority on how to describe our stadium?

(I agree though, 'THE' is wrong)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here