Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To the clown who delayed the train at home at Gatwick last night...

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
A pretty empty Chiltern to Marylebone out of Wembley Park, Bakerloo and Jubilee lines back to London Bridge, got on an empty 20.36 back to Three Bridges, quick stop for a dirty Kebab and arrived home in Pease Pottage a few minutes after 9.30

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
We had a couple of pints in Baker St to let the crowds go down (they didn't!), then metrop/northern to LB.

Got the 10.06 I think, which was quite quiet, overtook a very packed victoria train on the other line, got a bit held up by someone 'taken ill' on a train in front, but eventually pootled its way back about 15-20 mins late.

Always prefer the Thameslink where poss, it's slower but there's air, you can usually get a seat and often a table/charger to boot. Snacks, tinnies, chill.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I think one of the main issues was that it was two clubs with Southern based fans playing each other in North London.

Will be less of an issue for the final, because the City fans will be heading North after and the United lot will have less of a scrum to get back to Surrey.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I was on that train too. And the guy who got off at Burgess Hill presumably to have a cigarette or be sick or something, and the driver had to ask his mates to get him back on over the tannoy. I would have just driven off and left him.
That happened on the train from London Bridge and also the bloke who was ill. Perhaps the Victoria and London Bridge trains had similar idiots.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I was on that one too.

Left Wembley at 19.30ish I think.

Walked in my front door at 23.50.

Never been to Wembley before, I had heard that queues were bad but when I saw Wembley Way after I literally said "****ING hell".

Not an easy place to get away from!

Didn't help that there was no Jubilee Line when I got to the front and had to go Metropolitan to Baker St to join the Jubilee.

Don't like London at the best of times.

If the KO had been a reasonable time (3pm) then fine but 16.30 with possible E.T and penalties is taking the proverbial IMO.
You were lucky. Got home at 12.45. Arrived at Brighton Station with loads of other Albion fans and hardly a taxi to be seen. The taxi driver told us they start winding down rapidly after 10.30 and were unaware lots more trains were arriving from London after that time.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Jubilee at London Bridge was already full of marathon supporters crossing over to Westminster to see the finish. Second half of the tube journey was half empty.
Yes we realised that, my daughter and her boyfriend squeeze on and told us it was empty after Westminster but you would have thought the people running the station would have been a bit more proactive (yes I know they wouldn't know what that means)

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Getting home was quite easy I found, we drove to Sevenoaks so fast trains every 15 minutes or so. Left once the players had gone in, stopped once down wembley way once in station got on an almost empty Jubliee tube to London Bridge. Home just before 10pm.

Although we were in lower tier and exited right next to the ramp down to wembley way, our neighbours who were up top in the family stand were half an hour behind us getting home.

Getting there however wasn't so easy as every Jubilee train was packed when they came into London Bridge, so in the end we just got the Northern to Moorgate and then the Met to Wembley
Although we were in lower tier and exited right next to the ramp down to wembley way, our neighbours who were up top in the family stand were half an hour behind us getting home.
Same for us. I think that being in the lower tier at that part of the ground made all the difference.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Victoria is a shitty train station, Clapham is useless. London Bridge you get the massive thameslink with pleant of seats and standing space.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was in the top tier. I left as soon as the PA started blaring out “Glory, glory Man Utd”, and walked to Wembley Park fairly quickly. I took the Metropolitan Line to Moorgate, then Northern Line to London Bridge, where the 8.36 was waiting for me.
I walked through my door before 10pm.
It seems I was lucky.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I was in the top tier. I left as soon as the PA started blaring out “Glory, glory Man Utd”, and walked to Wembley Park fairly quickly. I took the Metropolitan Line to Moorgate, then Northern Line to London Bridge, where the 8.36 was waiting for me.
I walked through my door before 10pm.
It seems I was lucky.
You were very lucky if you stayed till the end.
I was in row 35 in upper, didn’t leave the stadium till around 8pm. The stadium was more or less empty , block 521 the last one to clear.

Took me 2 hours to get from stadium to Premier Inn in Brentford via tube and overground to Gunnesbury and then bus.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You were very lucky if you stayed till the end.
I was in row 35 in upper, didn’t leave the stadium till around 8pm. The stadium was more or less empty , block 521 the last one to clear.

Took me 2 hours to get from stadium to Premier Inn in Brentford via tube and overground to Gunnesbury and then bus.
I did and I was. I was in Row 7, which was just near the gangway, which helped.

I was on that train too. And the guy who got off at Burgess Hill presumably to have a cigarette or be sick or something, and the driver had to ask his mates to get him back on over the tannoy. I would have just driven off and left him.
The train driver did it in such a funny way that there was a lad in my carriage who couldn’t stop having recurrent laughter fits all the way back to Brighton. I could see his point, the train driver has a stand up’s delivery

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here