Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To Knight, The Blooms and whoever else is involved with decision making at the club..

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Please do the right thing, and appoint Slade as manager of this football club.

As supporters we don't want to have to put up with another ridiculous and needless managerial appointment over the summer. I can only hope you have learned your lessons from last time around.

We know who the man is for the job, we have him right here. He is the one who was being held aloft by our supporters today, it's him, and him only who should be offered the job for next season.

Sod Gannon and Wise and whoever else people maybe talking about, I don't care a toss about contact lists of potential managers, and the players they might attract to this club.

All I want to see is our team play with passion and pride, and I want a manager who CARES. Does anyone honestly think Wise would give a toss about any of us? Did Gannon care that much for the job when offered first time? Does anyone else other than Slade deserve a proper shot at the job? NO!

I've said enough, now all you need to do is listen to this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8030923.stm

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I might well stay away from Withdean if Slade is not appointed. Unless of course he decides himself to leave. Otherwise it will be a disgrace. There will be crowds of 3000. Mark my words!

Dear Drooper

Mar 2, 2009
He has shown that he has the ability to make the players play for him, I will have serious doubts about the ability of the board to run our Club if he is not appointed with at least a 2 year contract.
If they even think about Wise I will not renew.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Wise would be a huge gamble. The trouble with gamblers is they think they know what they are doing.

Of course, most gamblers don't know what they're doing..........

.............on the other hand, surely a successful gambler must know what he's doing.......?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's a difference between a wise man and a wise guy. We still need wise men running this club.
Couldn't agree more. Up until the end of last season we had the most sure-footed board in the League - then they seemed to go a bit doolally. Now the truth seems to be coming out that despite the public face and what the shareholding says we're actually run by an Australian-based gambler. However 'he who pays the piper calls the tune' so I suppose we've got to live with whatever he foists on us.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Who do we want as Gaffer? Russell Slade. When do we want him? Now.

And that bit is vital. Dick and the board need to sort it out pronto to give the club a bit of stability over the summer rather than leaving it all up in the air.

Geoffo

Dec 26, 2008
In over 40 years of supporting the club, I have never ever witnessed such a united approval for the appointment of a manager. The reason here is that we have had the 'luxury' of having Russell on approval - and he has delivered big time. He also gives a great commentary, and actually gives you belief in the future of the club.

I think there would be rioting in the streets if he wasn't appointed manager.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Here's a few of my reasons for what they're worth

1) He understands that you need players who will fight for the cause
2) He understands that you need a settled team
3) He knows that when subs come on they should slot into the game plan and be bothered
4) Kevin McCleod - a lazy bastard who couldn't give a toss about anything bar his rather large salary. In his few brief appearances under Slade, looked a completely different player in his attitude and self belief. He is the most obvious example to me but the list of players who played with more confidence and self belief also includes Cox, Fraser, Loft and to some extent Kuipers.
5) ....and finally, the enigma that is Adam Virgo. He played him in his correct position and made him Captain. he was great tioday, commanding at the back, good understanding with Elphick and one blinding interception. I would keep him as Captain for next season!

Sadly, much as I like Micky Adams as a person, all these things were missing from his disastrous management of the side for the majority of the season and can't believe we will probably be paying for him for the next two seasons!

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
He has done the (almost) impossible of task of keeping us up. He has, in effect, moved a mountain for us. If you want proof that a manager is passionate about his job and the club he is working for, then you need look no further than the last 2 months...

Slade is the man to take this club where we, the fans, want it to be !!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Here's a few of my reasons for what they're worth

4) Kevin McCleod - a lazy bastard who couldn't give a toss about anything bar his rather large salary. In his few brief appearances under Slade, looked a completely different player in his attitude and self belief. He is the most obvious example to me but the list of players who played with more confidence and self belief also includes Cox, Fraser, Loft and to some extent Kuipers.
5) ....and finally, the enigma that is Adam Virgo. He played him in his correct position and made him Captain. he was great tioday, commanding at the back, good understanding with Elphick and one blinding interception. I would keep him as Captain for next season!

Those two points show what a fantastic job he has done. The midfield of Dicker, Cox, Fraser and Loft was overrun at MK Dons yet he has got them to play in a formation that suits them and played a major part in our survival. If he is given a contract (as he must be) and money to spend, then I hope Dicker is an example of his ability to spot a player as he has been fantastic.

All season, Virgs has been criticised by some but in the last few weeks he has shown what a good centre half he is. If we can keep Whing and get McNulty fit that could be a really good defence next season.

scooter1

How soon is now?
In his post match interview Slade said it'd begood to sit down and get it sorted in the next couple of days as he's off on holiday. All I can hope is that the board do this. If he's happy, a 1 year rolling deal would be what i'd offrer and the sooner the better so he has as much time as possible to plan for next season.
As for Virgo, I was very critical of him under Adams as he was poor, but he was constantly played out of position, and since he's been back at centre half he's done well - i'm happy to eat humble pie on this one. Still disappointed he got 2 red cards this season, thats not "for the cause", thats clumsy..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Attila's comments on an another thread, really do worry me...

What did Attila say? I honestly can't believe the board would be that stupid. Surely if this season has taught us anything it is that stability is vital for the club. Russell Slade has done an amazing job and must stay. When did we last win 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 7 games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here