Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To celebrate the launch of albionarchives.com .....

Here is nearly 2 minutes of highlights of the 1987/88 game against Bristol Rovers. It's not the best quality as it took some squeezing into 8MB.

OK - launch is a bit premature - it's more of a test of the new webspace. When it's up and running, video clips won't be as long as this - just goals to keep bandwidth down.

It will probably be a few weeks until the site is up and running fully. In the meantime, any suggestions for content will be gratefully received.

Bristol Rovers

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
lol, can i just ask what the score was and stuff? (ahh i feel like i'm being rude again!!). Just my 56k modem is crap so I'd wanna know what i'd be getting for an hour or so downloading lol:wave:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It takes me to play it but says that I need a software update but then it can't find one. This may have summat to do with shitty AOL?

Withdean Wanderer said:
lol, can i just ask what the score was and stuff? (ahh i feel like i'm being rude again!!). Just my 56k modem is crap so I'd wanna know what i'd be getting for an hour or so downloading lol:wave:

It was the 2-1 in front of 20000 people that clinched promotion.

It's encode with the Media Player 9 codec so you probably need Media Player 9 installed. As for Macs - try installing this :-

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/Macintosh/osx/default.aspx

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
It works and the thing you will be needing is a codec which is available in sp2 if using XP.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Great Cornholio said:
It was the 2-1 in front of 20000 people that clinched promotion.

Ah, fantastic. WIll have to give that ago at some point if it's likely to be up for a couple of days.
As you've probably guessed, i'm not the oldest of supporters and wasnt born when that game took place, hence me not knowing about it! :p
Good work again TGC!!:clap2:

Withdean Wanderer said:
Ah, fantastic. WIll have to give that ago at some point if it's likely to be up for a couple of days.
As you've probably guessed, i'm not the oldest of supporters and wasnt born when that game took place, hence me not knowing about it! :p
Good work again TGC!!:clap2:

It should be up for good if my webspace deal is as good as they say it is! I'll be putting this footage on the next DVD and the quality of the original is excellent. It's a bit ropey here as I had to shrink it and decimate the frame rate to make it a half reasonable size.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Last edited:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I was in the North Stand and after the whistle everyone pushed to get onto the pitch and we very nearly had a Hillsborough, can still remember my brothers face as it dawned on him and me that we could get crushed here. Some serious swearing and panicked shouting to the bastards behind us saved the day, cos they didnt look to see that they hadn`t opened the fence at the front so we were all squashing. Eventually a copper opened it and the release and relief was immense. Ran on the pitch and cheered the players in the west stand and the game was so tense in the last half hour cos BRovers so nearly scored a few times and had loads of possession, can remember sitting on the train afterwards being elated but having the most blinding headache from the tension and the crushing. What a day!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Large One said:
Bloody hell - will have to go and buy Mac OS X now. :angry:

f***ing capitalism - pisses me off.:censored:

You're using Classic still?

:thud:

Its called Classic for a reason. By the time OSX came out, Classic was already 5 years out of date, technology wise...

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
31 views and no response - can someone please confirm that the link works - not sure if the DNS servers have updated yet.

It plays for a second with a black screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here