Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - Staying Up Tracker - 2020/21 - Game 38 Update - 1 OVER

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Trust the tracker!

Im still saying that anything over 35 points keeps us up this year. Surely with 17 games to go we can get 14+ more points... 3 wins & 5 draws from 17. Completely achievable and would hope for more.

I'm in the same boat. If you assume we keep our GD advantage, then a team below us would need to get to 36 points. This implies

(a) Fulham need 22 more points at an average of 1.22 pts/game (eg: 5 wins, 7 draws, 6 defeats) [They need to perform like Palace have, season to date - in points terms, anyway!]
(b) West Brom need 24 more points at an avge of 1.4/game (eg: 6 wins, 6 draws, 5 defeats) [They need to perform like Southampton have]
(c) Sheff Utd need 28 more points at an avge of 1.65/game (eg: 7 wins, 7 draws, 3 defeats) [They need to perform like Villa have]

Even with Big Sam's fabled skills (!), I can't see West Brom performing like Southampton have. Sheff Utd's task is a virtual impossibility. Fulham COULD conceivably put together enough to scrape 5 wins....but given they haven't won in the league since November, that's not going to be easy.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Drum roll please...

TWO POINTS OVER.

Lovely stuff. Brilliant from all of them.

Trust the tracker!

Im still saying that anything over 35 points keeps us up this year. Surely with 17 games to go we can get 14+ more points... 3 wins & 5 draws from 17. Completely achievable and would hope for more.

This. If [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] were to redo the remaining games expected points based on the current table, I think it shows our run in from here on in is harder than it was at the start of the season. If we get 36 and stay up, I'm happy. 40+ and it will be a success, even if we don't get above 15th.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Are we closer to being under the Europe tracker or being over the 40pt tracker? ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is now a MASSIVE erection.

FIVE OVER.

Attachments

• NSC Graph 22.png
    NSC Graph 22.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 340

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The detail.

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 22.png
    NSC Fixtures 22.png
    74 KB · Views: 480

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Slowly catching up...

tenor.gif

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thank you [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]

This thread has kept me sane all season.
I knew we were miles better than our results.

When the mob were screaming about no home wins in 21 and sleepwalking into the championship, I could always point to the fact that we were never more than a handful of points off par.
And with a bit of luck (or changing keeper as it turned out) the good days would be back again.

Well the good days are here now.
Peace and Goodwill abounds, be you licker or wetter, rejoice!
And Trust in the tracker..

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
To Avoid Potter Bashing - Staying Up Tracker - 2020/21 - Game 21 Update - 5 (FIVE) OVER

When the mob were screaming about no home wins in 21 and sleepwalking into the championship, I could always point to the fact that we were never more than a handful of points off par.
And with a bit of luck (or changing keeper as it turned out) the good days would be back again.

Perfectly said friend, exactly my thoughts.

I always kept the faith. I got tired saying it here “keep the faith”. We have a special owner, and now have a very special manager. We are going places with this guy.

Shame on those who were knee jerk and only looking at short term results. The abuse in match day threads was sickening. The long term trend improvements have always Bremen there for all to see.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham

Well said!

Easily my favourite thread on here, keeps you grounded but also gives you hope and belief that we're never far from the target

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
For Fulham to get 40 points they'd need another 26 from their remaining 17 games, so that's the equivalent of 8/9 more wins. Highly doubt that's going to happen. So realistically 35 points keeps you up this year. We could be safe by mid March.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
For Fulham to get 40 points they'd need another 26 from their remaining 17 games, so that's the equivalent of 8/9 more wins. Highly doubt that's going to happen. So realistically 35 points keeps you up this year. We could be safe by mid March.

Simon Jordan was saying a similar thing about Sheff U yesterday. They'd basically need to maintain 'Top 6' level form until the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here