Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic,ITV.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
I assume it will sell or already has been sold to America, since they like Downton Abbey over there and obviously the Titanic story has bankability. DVD sales included I suspect they won't lose too much. Unless of course it turns out to be a complete turkey (which it sounds like it might be!).

I do believe its already being shown in canada, 4 days ahead of the itv episodes - there i was thinking it was made for uk audiences.... but maybe there jumping on the international liking of downton as a priority to our more english tastes.

Obviously it needs the international buyers to make any money, another 80 or so countries have rights too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Havent seen the film but other who have told me that it was basically a story about a the lack of lifeboats etc. and this was apparent after just a few minutes.

Er no, it was apparent after about two and a half hours when the ship started to sink and they needed to use the lifeboats.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Was there a character who would be the head surgeon on the Titanic a Dr O'Loughlin portrayed in the show?

Interested because he's listed in one of the lines in our family tree.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
Was there a character who would be the head surgeon on the Titanic a Dr O'Loughlin portrayed in the show?

Interested because he's listed in one of the lines in our family tree.

not in this episode, but each episode gives a social groups view, this was all about the first lass passengers.

I think the next one is the staff (from the clips) so maybe in there.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Er no, it was apparent after about two and a half hours when the ship started to sink and they needed to use the lifeboats.

What he is says quite correctly is that there was quite an emphasis and quite drawn out part that laboured on the fact that that there were not enough lifeboats, a lot more time than was needed to make the point.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Havent seen the film but other who have told me that it was basically a story about a the lack of lifeboats etc. and this was apparent after just a few minutes.

10 minutes out of 194 tops PS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here